Great Singleplayer games?

Tmh85

I've been looking for a good game (SP) that has a good story and has good gameplay

The ones I have played are Skyrim, MLL and thats it!

All suggestions are welcome!

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Saints Row. all of em.

JC2 is on sale right now, get that aswell.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Bioshock Infinate

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Mark of The Ninja

Bioshock Infinite

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Far Cry 3

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

portal 2, shadow warrior

Grammar nazis are people too!
Treat your local grammar nazi nicely and he might teach you a thing or two. (Note that I'm Belgian and not a native English speaker.)
Chivalry isn't dead!

biosock all except 2, stanley parable, Tomb raider, dishonoured, skyrim, Sleeping dogs!!!, batman games, half life 2.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Bioshock Infinite

Bioshock Infinite

I personally feel Infinite had lackluster gameplay. It got boring. Not quickly, but it did. However, the story more than made up for it.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

biosock all except 2, stanley parable, Tomb raider, dishonoured, skyrim, Sleeping dogs!!!, batman games, half life 2.

Bioshock 2 was nice. I thought it had the best gameplay out of all three.

Sleeping Dogs, Bioshock Infinite, and Tomb Raider are great games for singleplayer.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

BioShock series, Far Cry 3, Tomb Raider 2013. If you're looking for games with a good story, then it may be worth playing some indie games like The Stanley Parable. I've found that the most unique and interesting single player games right now are indie games. 

Mass effect 1,2,3
Dead Space 1,2,3
Bioshocks

Tomb Raider

Prenumbra

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Bioshock 2 was nice. I thought it had the best gameplay out of all three.

It was the same as the first bioshock but with a crappy story. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Fallout: New Vegas, Far Cry 3.

Rig: CPU: 1x quad core potato(4.6GHz). Cooling: Iced Tea. GPU: AMD HDToaster. Motherboard: Asus "Stale Bread Extreme Edition". RAM: 2x 4GB sticks of 1600MHz celery. PSU: 650w Roborovski Hamster in wheel.  Storage: Many Floppy Disks. 

Mass Effect, Divinity Dragon Commander, Witcher, Portal, Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic, Half-Life, Metro, Bioshock,... etc.

Witcher 2

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 | RAM: 8GB Kingston Beast 1866MHz

Case: Define R4 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780ti | PSU: Corsair CX600M | SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO

.... and a Partridge in a pear tree! 

Assassins Creed all of them

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

It depends on which genre you prefer, really...

If you like smaller games with unique art styles and interesting concepts, look toward just about anything made by Klei Entertainment. Mark of the Ninja was an amazing game, as were both of the Shank games. I've also been addicted to Don't Starve lately.

If you enjoy RPGs, you could play the Witcher series, as suggested above. There's a relatively steep learning curve (you can't just run around and smack stuff with your sword like you can in Skyrim), but it's a very rewarding experience once you understand how to play it. another great RPG is Dragon Age Origins... it's a little dated at this point, but there are tons of choices and decisions that not only change the story that you see, but can sometimes change your perspective of events as well.

As has been mentioned, Bioshock is a FANTASTIC single-player shooter series. Though I have to agree with joel when he says that Bioshock 2 was the low point of the series.

Or if you're looking for something a little more.... post-apocalyptic... the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series of games is amazing. As is Metro 2033 and Last Light. Metro is very linear and character-driven. It has a great atmosphere and story. S.T.A.L.K.E.R., on the other hand, is completely open-world... dropping you into the middle of post-meltdown Chernobyl and telling you to figure out how to survive. 

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

Saints Row. all of em.

JC2 is on sale right now, get that aswell.

The SR2 port is awful, especially if you want to play with a controller.

BioShock, BioShock Infinite, Borderlands 2, Tomb Raider, DMC: Devil May Cry, To The Moon, Antichamber, Portal, Portal 2, Batman Arkham games, Dead Space games, Starbound, The Walking Dead and the Mass Effect games.