Thoughts?

mys31fosu

After Repeared put Sneaky, Jensen and Smoothie (who went on to move to FOX) to C9A, we all knew the backlash against him. But somehow, by alternating places of players between the C9 LCS and C9A, they become nearly undefeated. Explanations?

qtie voice - " Is this guy For real ?! ahaha"

I know I'm not a genius or something, but it's just what I think, you can tell me what I was wrong about

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2018 at 5:46 AM, lambuibao said:

I know I'm not a genius or something, but it's just what I think, you can tell me what I was wrong about

There's a lot of reasons for this. It isn't so much because "they're good," although they are. In any team game what you need is synergy. The thing lacking in most LoL eSports team is synergy. Some players are either very aggressive, while others are very passive. These kind of play style never mix well. During critical team fights or critical macro plays, some players are just not on the same page and or when they try to force themselves to play that kind of play style they end up feeding due to their own nature.

The mix up between Blabber/Jensen and Svens/Glue is that the synergy is there. Glue can play passive, hint why he choose very positional champions like Syndra and Malzahar. While Jen/Blabber are more aggressive, hint why they can play champions like Leblanc/Kindred. The idea between the swap is simple and very effective on a fundamental level. When a team learns how to counter an aggressive play style (TSM), C9 would have to swap Jen/Blabber out with Svens/Glue and the team play a more passive playstyle while having stronger macro (where TSM lacks macro game.) This strategy allowed C9 to defeat TSM during semi-finals.

There's no magic into all of this. It's just core principles, regardless of what you hear the analyst say and what others theorize, in real life, you work better when you have someone you can bond with. That being said, "What is up with Smoothie?" Smoothie is one of those players that can adapt fairly easily. He can switch between aggressive play style into a more passive play style. The problem with Smoothie is that, the team needed something "new." The something new would mean a release of old players regardless of how good they are. This "newness" you can equate it to having fresh new clothes. You just feel on the top of the world with confidence when you step into a house party with beautiful girls because you "feel" and "believe" you look good. That goes a long ways, but these kind of scenarios does not last, just like new clothes will become old fairly quickly.

With this in mind, there will come a time when C9 will flutter again and changes will have to be made again.