A teen from Australia was able to remotely access confidential information data on Apple's servers for over a year

D13H4RD
6 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

You can hack wi-fi access points, brute-force passwords, inject payloads in python scripts or exe files and a LOT more stuff that could do real damage. Sounds like hacking software to me.

So basically every OS ever.

Maybe we need to ban every OS and all computers!

Gotta stahp people from being able to hack instead of stopping people from wanting to for bad purposes!

/sarcasm

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

42 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Pretty sure Kali Linux isn't hacking software.

You'd be wrong. Kali Linux, and its predecessor BackTrack, are Linux distributions created for the explicit purpose on penetration testing and network security assessment, which is a form of hacking. Hell, Offensive Security themselves state that the intended use for Kali is ethical hacking.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

"Australia teen" is the new "Florida Man"

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

4 hours ago, samcool55 said:

You can hack wi-fi access points, brute-force passwords, inject payloads in python scripts or exe files and a LOT more stuff that could do real damage. Sounds like hacking software to me.

Kali is marketed as a pentesting tool and ethical hacking software so i think you can be sure it IS hacking software.

You can do all that in any linux distro and even on windows. Kali just comes with a lot of pentesting software preinstalled. The "hacking" software is what is installed on it, not the distro itself. Besides, all of those are tools - what you do with them is up to you.

You can do some "hacking" with just a web browser and an internet connection for that matter, I don't think chrome counts as hacking software though.

3 hours ago, Drak3 said:

You'd be wrong. Kali Linux, and its predecessor BackTrack, are Linux distributions created for the explicit purpose on penetration testing and network security assessment, which is a form of hacking. Hell, Offensive Security themselves state that the intended use for Kali is ethical hacking.

See above, it may be nitpicking but technically kali itself isn't hacking software any more than ubuntu.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

9 minutes ago, Sauron said:

You can do all that in any linux distro and even on windows. Kali just comes with a lot of pentesting software preinstalled. The "hacking" software is what is installed on it, not the distro itself. Besides, all of those are tools - what you do with them is up to you.

You can do some "hacking" with just a web browser and an internet connection for that matter, I don't think chrome counts as hacking software though.

See above, it may be nitpicking but technically kali itself isn't hacking software any more than ubuntu.

It's about Intent. The purpose of Ubuntu is to be a desktop Linux distribution for users. The purpose of Kali *is* network penetration testing.

Like you said most "hacking" tools have non-hacking uses. What you use them for is up to you. What makes them hacking tools is that they were designed for that purpose, which Kali is.

10 hours ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

The land of Kangaroos. 

And Mighty Car Mods 

And Turbo Yoda 

Where women glow and men plunder.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

24 minutes ago, Sauron said:

I just used kali as an example because it comes preinstalled with a bunch of hacking tools.

But having those tools at all is illegal where i live. Doesn't matter if you use kali, windows or another linux distro. Stuff like aircrack are specifically designed to hack wi-fi networks which isn't allowed...

If i install kali or whatever and add aircrack on a usb drive, go outside and the cops pull me over and find the USB drive, i might end up in court and eventually in jail and/or a fine.

Even if you never used them or only for ethical stuff. It's still illegal. Just having it is illegal.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

3 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

I just used kali as an example because it comes preinstalled with a bunch of hacking tools.

But having those tools at all is illegal where i live. Doesn't matter if you use kali, windows or another linux distro. Stuff like aircrack are specifically designed to hack wi-fi networks which isn't allowed...

If i install kali or whatever and add aircrack on a usb drive, go outside and the cops pull me over and find the USB drive, i might end up in court and eventually in jail and/or a fine.

Even if you never used them or only for ethical stuff. It's still illegal. Just having it is illegal.

That sucks :(. Where I live it's perfectly legal to have stuff like aircrack installed, what's illegal is to use it on someone else's network without permission. Is wireshark allowed? By itself it's completely harmless...

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3 minutes ago, Sauron said:

That sucks :(. Where I live it's perfectly legal to have stuff like aircrack installed, what's illegal is to use it on someone else's network without permission. Is wireshark allowed? By itself it's completely harmless...

Im actually not sure about wireshark, i guess it technically isn't illegal but good luck explaning that. Also if you combine it with other tools it could be seen as something that is a form of assistance when hacking and making other illegal tools more effective.

Its also illegal here to pentest systems from other people unless you have permission. Funny thing is that it IS legal to pentest your own devices...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

Funny thing is that it IS legal to pentest your own devices...

Well, what with if pentesting tools are illegal? o.O

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Sauron said:

Well, what with if pentesting tools are illegal? o.O

I know, it's stupid and flawed but that's just the law i guess...

There is a similar stupid law for drugs. I don't know the exact numbers but let's say it's legal to have 5 grams of weed at your house. But it's illegal to transport it.

So if you go to the netherlands; buy 4 grams of weed (which is allowed) you can't legally transport them to your house, but once they are at your house it's fine again.

Like, how are you suppose to get the weed at your home in the first place if transporting it is illegal?

Stupidest thing is that the cops do regular checks for this at highways that are near the border...

19 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

90GB? What is that, like 5 .FLAC songs? xD 

Too bad he didn’t go through Apples Bug bounty program. Could have made some cash from this. 

The problem with Apple's bug bounty is that first, it's only an "invite only" bug bounty and not open unlike Intel's bug bounty through HackerOne which led to the discovery of Spectre variants 1.1 and 1.2 where researchers got awarded with $100K per vulnerability and secondly, Apple is so cheap when it comes to payouts which is embarrassing for a company that charges way too much for laptops with pathetic cooling solutions. https://9to5mac.com/2017/07/06/apple-bug-bounty-program-payouts/

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

19 hours ago, bleedblue said:

Australian teens hack Apple servers while I'm still trying to figure out how to use a macbook pro for work.

Citrix is a bitch!

Does this make Apple more likely or less likely to hire this teen? It's impressive for sure but they probably don't want to encourage this behavior from other wanna be Apple employees.