Ryzen 7 1700 or ryzen 5 2600x?

Which CPU should I get? I will be using it for gaming and video editing. I have a gtx 1060 3gb to go along with it. I have seen the benchmarks and seen the the ryzen 5 2600x is better stock. That is why I am thinking of getting that just because I have no experience with overclocking to make the ryzen 7 perform better. If I did overclock the ryzen 7 would it be better than the ryzen 5? Also I only have a 450w power supply so would I even have enough watts to overclock the ryzen 7?

Thanks,

Dylan

11 minutes ago, Hamface55 said:

Which CPU should I get? I will be using it for gaming and video editing. I have a gtx 1060 3gb to go along with it. I have seen the benchmarks and seen the the ryzen 5 2600x is better stock. That is why I am thinking of getting that just because I have no experience with overclocking to make the ryzen 7 perform better. If I did overclock the ryzen 7 would it be better than the ryzen 5? Also I only have a 450w power supply so would I even have enough watts to overclock the ryzen 7?

Thanks,

Dylan

Ryzen 5 better for gaming ryzen 7 video editing.I would go with the 2600x and oc it gooood because you can not squeze anymoreperformance from the 1700

Just now, ManosMax13 said:

Ryzen 5 better for gaming ryzen 7 video editing.I would go with the 2600x and oc it gooood because you can not squeze anymoreperformance from the 1700

yeah u will have enoughwattage for a good oc but not anything crazy depends on the psu too,is it 80+ bronze gold or something

1 minute ago, Hamface55 said:

yeah its good evga has good psu's but if your planning to oc both the gpu and cpu,i would still doit but not on the peak of the wattage if your planning to have your machine at full load for both cpu and gpu like running stress tests but not in gaming