RAM Frequency Support?

Hi P
Go to solution Solved by TheGlenlivet,
3 hours ago, Hi P said:

I meant, if my CPU Max System Memory Speed is 2933 Ghz, will it benefit at all if I use 3600 Ghz RAM or not at all? 

No.  That board can use RAM up to 3466.  Again, have a look at the QVL and buy from that list.

I'm building around the AMD Ryzen 7 2700x CPU, I planed on using the Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero as my motherboard, and here's my confusion.

On the AMD Ryzen website it states that the Max System Memory Speed for that CPU is 2933 Ghz, and the motherboard supports as far as 3600 Ghz.

So does this mean if I use 3600 Ghz RAM it won't make a difference than if I had just used 2933 Ghz RAM because that's my CPU's limit?

Thanks in advance!

6 minutes ago, Hi P said:

I'm building around the AMD Ryzen 7 2700x CPU, I planed on using the Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero as my motherboard, and here's my confusion.

On the AMD Ryzen website it states that the Max System Memory Speed for that CPU is 2933 Ghz, and the motherboard supports as far as 3600 Ghz.

So does this mean if I use 3600 Ghz RAM it won't make a difference than if I had just used 2933 Ghz RAM because that's my CPU's limit?

Thanks in advance!

Go to the QVL on the motherboards website and check the approved ram they have listed.  All that should be able to boot at their posted speeds.

50 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Go to the QVL on the motherboards website and check the approved ram they have listed.  All that should be able to boot at their posted speeds.

I meant, if my CPU Max System Memory Speed is 2933 Ghz, will it benefit at all if I use 3600 Ghz RAM or not at all? 

3 hours ago, Hi P said:

No.  That board can use RAM up to 3466.  Again, have a look at the QVL and buy from that list.