How do I access my HDD

zcalpey

Hi. I have a 250gb SSD drive with windows installed on it. It is currently the only drive that shows up in my file explorer. I also have a 1TB HDD that I can see is connected from the BIOS but is not appearing in the file explorer. How can I access it to download games onto it?

Navigate to Disk Management in Windows and right click on the 1TB HDD and format it and assign it a drive letter.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

In Windows 10, Disk Management can be easily accessed by *right-clicking* on the Start Button.

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Navigate to Disk Management in Windows and right click on the 1TB HDD and format it and assign it a drive letter.

I see the HDD at the bottom not the top) but if I right click there is no option to format

1 minute ago, zcalpey said:

I see the HDD at the bottom not the top) but if I right click there is no option to format

It will say Create New Simple Volume. Click that.