Audio pop noise

hotbrass

I need help with my audio output.  Recently I started hearing a faint popping from youtube videos mostly from recorded voice.  But now it is pervasive in music and other sounds and sources.

I have replaced speakers, cables, and have used my Bose headphones on the front panel and back and they pop also.  I reloaded all the chipset drivers and updated the bios and replaced the audio drivers.  Still popping. So I am going to assume that the audio circuits in the motherboard have had a blow out or something.  Cant adjust it out and it wont go away.

So, should I get an pci-e audio card and turn off the HD Audio in bios?  Or should I roll the dice and buy a new motherboard?  The price is not that much different.

Mobo is Asus Z170-A with 32gb memory, i7-6700K, Windows 10...

Or does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the pop noise?

Thank you!

Might be also Wintoys10 having gotten new improvement to user tortures.

Nowadays we're Microsoft's alpha testers.

Though reinstalling drivers has usually been enough to fix sound problems.

It's certainly possible that integrated ALC892 is on its way out and getting sound card would fix it.

There's simply no sense to buy new motherboard for old PC if everything else works.

Sound Blaster Z wouldn't cost much and has couple steps better DAC than AL892 and separate ouputs for keeping both headphone and speakers connected.

(SBZ Switcher would automate change of outputs behind hotkey)

But first you could use this to monitor, if there's problem in DPC latencies:

http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

I have tried everything.  I cant remove HDAudBus.sys or ndis.sys.

Any other suggestions?

Probably order a new sound card today.

image.png.b085cff42d8bded04bca364556ec8bb6.png

Yeah, that DPC latency is too high to guarantee glitch free sound.

What does Drivers tab show?

Ndis.sys is anyway network related, so you might want to make sure you have latest drivers for network adapter.

I updated all my drivers and it really did not help. Still noise and popping.  Some suggest deleting HDAudBus.sys and ndis.sys but I dont like deleting system files if MS wont let me have access.  If anyone knows if it is safe to delete these and still have audio function and network function, please tell me how to do it.

Many posts about how the audio on Asus boards, like mine, have the same problem and it is a system problem with no fix.