Low FPS on Fortnite with a GTX 1050 Ti

iiZerkahh
Go to solution Solved by SupersonicSaint,
16 hours ago, iiZerkahh said:

I play on the lowest settings on fortnite with a lower resolution and about 70% render scaling and yet I still only get average 60fps in the lobby. When I enter the battle bus it goes over 100 and when I am fighting it averages 100, My GPU is GTX 1050 Ti and CPU is i7 3770k, I have tried a virus scan on Malware bytes and it just came up with PUP's, I tried the game again and it was still the same, I just got the card today so the drivers are up to date.

Because the lobby is a masked loading screen. It is rendering the map while it is rendering you playing in the lobby. Once you start the game it runs smoother as it is no longer a hidden loading screen. Even standard loading screens in video games with no animation whatsoever drops FPS dramatically. Nothing is wrong.

I play on the lowest settings on fortnite with a lower resolution and about 70% render scaling and yet I still only get average 60fps in the lobby. When I enter the battle bus it goes over 100 and when I am fighting it averages 100, My GPU is GTX 1050 Ti and CPU is i7 3770k, I have tried a virus scan on Malware bytes and it just came up with PUP's, I tried the game again and it was still the same, I just got the card today so the drivers are up to date.

If it's at 100 when you're actually fighting, why does it matter that it's 60 in the lobby? You sure the lobby isn't locked at that fps? 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

I've seen it go to 80 sometimes in the lobby, I just want to know why it is horrible FPS in the lobby as my 750 ti ran a little better.

It's not that I care about it, it's the fact that it is low and I am wondering why with a 1050 ti.

Some games run 60fps on lobby.

Privacy is necessary for an open society in the electronic age. Privacy is not secrecy. A private matter is something one doesn't want the whole world to know, but a secret matter is something one doesn't want anybody to know. Privacy is the power to selectively reveal oneself to the world..

I mean like the in-game lobby before getting on the battle-bus.

you mean the lobby as you are waiting for the 10-second battle bus countdown?

or you mean the lobby, where you have menus for the store, locker, etc?

either way - I have a GTX 1060 6gb with the i5-7600k , I have everything on EPIC settings.

I haven't noticed if the "battle bus lobby" is lower than in-game, but the lobby lobby is a lot higher - like 200+ FPS.

In-game I get about 120fps, and that's with everything on EPIC

You should be able to turn up a few things like anti-aliasing, textures, effects, distance - at the very least go to medium and high for some necessary ones.

You don't need 100+ FPS, as long as you are getting 60+ FPS, you are good. 

And if I were you I would try overclocking your GPU a bit, don't go crazy but a little bit for a bit higher clocks wouldn't hurt!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

CPU: Intel i5-9600k | MoBo: Gigabyte Aorus Elite z390 | RAM: 16gb (4 x 4gb) Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti | Storage: 500gb Samsung 860 vNand SSD x2 & 1tb WD Caviar Blue HDD

Chassis: NZXT h700i White w/ RGB LED | Cooling: Corsair H100i Pro RGB AIO & 6x Corsair AF120 fans White LED

Screens: 2x 27" Acer HA270 Ultra Slim LED | Peripherals: MSI Interceptor RGB DS4200 Key & D200 Mouse

I have seen a very few games that in game menu had less fps than in actual game.

16 hours ago, iiZerkahh said:

Because the lobby is a masked loading screen. It is rendering the map while it is rendering you playing in the lobby. Once you start the game it runs smoother as it is no longer a hidden loading screen. Even standard loading screens in video games with no animation whatsoever drops FPS dramatically. Nothing is wrong.