Mini-ITX Case suggestions for water cooling

Smiffy_

Hey,

I want to build a Mini-ITX for university this year, I'm trying to find a case that allows me to have a full-size GPU and a proper water cooled CPU cooler.

I am also trying to avoid any large boxy cases.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

Ryth

What's your budget?  Proper ITX cases that house what you're asking are not cheap.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

Phantooks Evolv mini-itx (kind of cheating because it sadly is quite big for mini-itx)

1 hour ago, Smiffy_ said:

I want to build a Mini-ITX for university this year, I'm trying to find a case that allows me to have a full-size GPU and a proper water cooled CPU cooler.

What Size CPU cooler, and your budget/location?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Not sure if its to big for your purpose but the Inwin A1 is 20 liters and holds both watercooling and full size gpu.

My build.

Asus rogs strixs b350 motherboard 

G.skill trident z 16gb ram rgb 3200mhz

Samsung M.2 ssd 500g 

Ssd/hdd hybrid 1tb 

Ryzen 1700x watercooled 

Msi gtx 1080 gaming x gpu 

20180809_202450.jpg

20180809_202455.jpg

unless you reaaaaaaaaaally want an itx because it is small I would go with a dan case. Otherwise, i would try to be smarter about it and with a fractal design micro atx which about the size of my itx phanteks enthoo evolv tg

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K @4.9 GHz 6-Core Processor CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU CoolerMotherboard: MSI - Z370I GAMING PRO CARBON AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: PNY - Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 @3000 MemoryStorage: 960 evo 500gbVideo Card:place holderCase: Phanteks - Enthoo EVOLV ITX TG (Black) Mini ITX Desktop Case Power Supply:SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 pwm 59.5 CFM  140mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Monitor: Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor Mouse: Place holder Sony H.ear on Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphone, Charcoal Black (MDR100ABN/B)  LEOBOG K26 Wired RGB Mechanical Keyboard,Gaming Keyboard,RGB Color Backlight,104 Key,Anti-Ghosting For Full Key,Blue Switches,Aluminum Chassis,Detachable wrist rest,PC,Computer, Laptop,BLACK (Black)EZDIY-FAB Sleeved Cable - Cable extension for power supply with extra-sleeved 24 PIN 8PIN 6PIN 4+4 PIN With COMBS- Black Grey

pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/resdal42/saved/sCW6XL

9 hours ago, Smiffy_ said:

Hey,

I am also trying to avoid any large boxy cases.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

There are none because of size restrictions, those cases are almost as big as normal µATX Towers or something like that.

A compact case would be for example this:

https://geizhals.de/silverstone-milo-ml08-schwarz-sst-ml08b-a1322428.html

And due to the Boards, you can't (and shouldn't!) overclock anyway!!

I personaly have two ITX Systems, one office/IGP wich is really small and one not so small Silverstone RVZ-01, wich I think is rather big...

And with that space you could fit at best something like a Noctua NH-L12 or similar. Though I'd personally would go with Heatsinks that have 25mm thick fans...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Fractal Design Define Nano S.

you can see what it's capable of here

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒