Should i wait for RTX 1160/2060 Or buy a GTX 1060

DOGEY

I did the the mistake when the GTX 1060 was cheaper to not buy it. And i buyed GTX 1050 (Non TI 2Gigs) Now i want to buy new graphics card (I can be patient to wait only 1 or 2 year). and i want to get 1060 but nVidia are releasing soon new graphics card 2080/1180 and i was confused. Wait one year or 2 to get 2060/1160 3/6Gigs or buy one GTX 1060 3Gigs.

Don't get the 3gb version if you are going to get a 1060 get the 6gb. But I would recommend waiting for those new cards to come ; )

My budget is 267$ and a 6G Version in my country is 300$:/

That's why i should wait for the new GPU's to come out cuz in early 2016/2017 A 1060 6G is 200$ Much cheaper~100$

I would just wait if to the end of the year 2060/1160 is released. The Pc gods might be here xD 

@DOGEY I have merged your posts together. If you submit a post and wish to add to it afterwards, please use the "edit" button located below it. It's a bit frowned upon to post multiple times in succession; you spam anyone following the topic and bump the thread with each post.

I have also moved your thread to the "Graphics Cards" section, where it best belongs. Please check the forum before you post to see which of our subforums best suits the topic you wish to submit.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

16 hours ago, DOGEY said:

I did the the mistake when the GTX 1060 was cheaper to not buy it. And i buyed GTX 1050 (Non TI 2Gigs) Now i want to buy new graphics card (I can be patient to wait only 1 or 2 year). and i want to get 1060 but nVidia are releasing soon new graphics card 2080/1180 and i was confused. Wait one year or 2 to get 2060/1160 3/6Gigs or buy one GTX 1060 3Gigs.

Do not get the new card. Also it will not be the RTX 1060. Anything under the 1070 isn't called RTX. For example a 1180 is RTX 2080 but a 1160 is a GTX 1160. This is because Ray Tracing is only in the flagship models. Ray Tracing is also immensely unsupported so for gaming it's practically useless for now.

NEVER get the 3gb GTX 1060 as it should not even be classified as a 1060 but instead a 1050ti. I'd buy a used or new 1060 6gb.

Ok. so it's GTX1160 okay. And i will try to find a used 1060 6G. Because my budget low.

32 minutes ago, DOGEY said:

Ok. so it's GTX1160 okay. And i will try to find a used 1060 6G. Because my budget low.

The GTX 1160 will be in the last set of cards to be released. It isn't coming out the same time as the flagship cards. What's your budget?

Does anyone think the new cards will cause the price of the current gtx 1060 to drop or increase at all? Also, does anyone think the gtx1160 will be a similar price to the current 1060, or be more expensive?

Just now, AEDL said:

Does anyone think the new cards will cause the price of the current gtx 1060 to drop or increase at all? Also, does anyone think the gtx1160 will be a similar price to the current 1060, or be more expensive?

It will be more expensive than the 1060 and that's a fact, however it may or may not be by a lot. It will be in the last set of cards to be released though so don't expect to see it out this month. 

In terms of the price dropping nobody knows. Nvidia partners are confident in a revival of crypto mining so it might or might not. New cards do not mean the last set of cards get a big discount as newer cards are more expensive anyway.

What will drop in price however, are used GTX 1060 6gbs as people will be selling them fast for the newer cards or sell them after they get their new card. This means there will be a lot of used cards on the market at competitive prices.

14 hours ago, SupersonicSaint said:

Do not get the new card. Also it will not be the RTX 1060. Anything under the 1070 isn't called RTX. For example a 1180 is RTX 2080 but a 1160 is a GTX 1160. This is because Ray Tracing is only in the flagship models. Ray Tracing is also immensely unsupported so for gaming it's practically useless for now.

NEVER get the 3gb GTX 1060 as it should not even be classified as a 1060 but instead a 1050ti. I'd buy a used or new 1060 6gb.

Hey, are you sure about the 2060 model not having ray tracing capabilities? Any reliable source you could link me to? I'm asking for a friend who plans to buy a 2060 and is hoping that its a RTX card, in which i replied that you shouldn't get your hopes high since the technology is new and expensive at the moment and Nvidia might want to stretch profit margins with the higher end cards.

9 minutes ago, Indominus-Rex said:

Hey, are you sure about the 2060 model not having ray tracing capabilities? Any reliable source you could link me to? I'm asking for a friend who plans to buy a 2060 and is hoping that its a RTX card, in which i replied that you shouldn't get your hopes high since the technology is new and expensive at the moment and Nvidia might want to stretch profit margins with the higher end cards.

AdoredTV talked about how Nvidia is going to rebrand the upcoming next generation 1180 and 1170. They will not be under the GTX branding but under the RTX branding. This is what Nvidia uses to signify Ray Tracing. It is interesting to note that while the top tier models are being rebranded as the RTX 1180 and RTX 1170, the mid-range and entry-level models still use the GX branding.

It is possible that the support for ray tracing will only be available to top-tier graphics cards including the RTX 1180 Ti that will be coming out at a later date. If you were hoping to get Ray Tracing support on a budget then it seems that is not going to be possible, then again it is a very intensive feature and it is possible that the lower end cards just can’t cope with it.

https://segmentnext.com/2018/08/10/nvidia-gtx-1160-real-time-ray-tracing/

However:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pcgamesn.com/nvidia-amd-intel-graphics-card-ai-co-processor%3famp

10 minutes ago, SupersonicSaint said:

AdoredTV talked about how Nvidia is going to rebrand the upcoming next generation 1180 and 1170. They will not be under the GTX branding but under the RTX branding. This is what Nvidia uses to signify Ray Tracing. It is interesting to note that while the top tier models are being rebranded as the RTX 1180 and RTX 1170, the mid-range and entry-level models still use the GX branding.

It is possible that the support for ray tracing will only be available to top-tier graphics cards including the RTX 1180 Ti that will be coming out at a later date. If you were hoping to get Ray Tracing support on a budget then it seems that is not going to be possible, then again it is a very intensive feature and it is possible that the lower end cards just can’t cope with it.

https://segmentnext.com/2018/08/10/nvidia-gtx-1160-real-time-ray-tracing/

However:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pcgamesn.com/nvidia-amd-intel-graphics-card-ai-co-processor%3famp

Its the 20 series, but yea thanks for the additional info, really appreciate it.

10 minutes ago, Indominus-Rex said:

Its the 20 series, but yea thanks for the additional info, really appreciate it.

Ah my bad ?. However: "As Nvidia’s Tony Tomassi told us before GDC, “if you look at a typical HD res frame there’s about two million pixels in it, and a game typically wants to run at about 60 frames per second, and you typically need many, many rays per pixel, so you’re talking about needing hundreds of millions, to billions, of rays per second so you can get many dozens, maybe even hundreds, of rays per pixel."

The Ray Tracing on these new cards won't be that amazing. 

10 minutes ago, SupersonicSaint said:

Ah my bad ?. However: "As Nvidia’s Tony Tomassi told us before GDC, “if you look at a typical HD res frame there’s about two million pixels in it, and a game typically wants to run at about 60 frames per second, and you typically need many, many rays per pixel, so you’re talking about needing hundreds of millions, to billions, of rays per second so you can get many dozens, maybe even hundreds, of rays per pixel."

The Ray Tracing on these new cards won't be that amazing. 

Hmm, how many Gigarays per second could we expect from the RTX 2080 and the RTX 2070?

12 minutes ago, Indominus-Rex said:

Hmm, how many Gigarays per second could we expect from the RTX 2080 and the RTX 2070?

Nvidia RTX 2080 specs
We don’t know the specifics of the architecture Nvidia will use in its gaming-focused cards, But we do know the RTX 2080 will be based on the Turing architecture, which we know a little about thanks to the Turing Quadro announcement. The top-end Turing GPU comes with 4,608 CUDA cores, 576 Tensor Cores, and 10 GigaRays/sec of ray tracing potential.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&source=android-browser&q=gigarays+per+secong+rtx+2080&client=ms-android-xiaomi-rev1

A MEASLY 10! They hype it up at being so much times better than Pascal at Ray Tracing... But Pascal had NO Ray Tracing. Any number x 0 is 0. Nvidia is on a hype train of misinformation as they hold monopoly of the market.

people are actually selling their gtx 1080's for dirt cheap and i picked my 1080 for 320 quid. I would recommend either waiting or getting a used cheap 1080.

Main PC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~i7 3770k 4.3ghz Arctic Freezer 33 Esports-Edition

~GTX 1080 MSI AERO (I literally paid £330 for this) 

~Samsung 860 EVO 500gb | WD Blue 1TB

~Kingston HyperX 2133Mhz DDR3 4x8gb

~Corsair SPEC-03 Red

Acer Aspire 5338 (2009 Laptop)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel Celeron T3000 (Dual-Core @ 1.8ghz)

GM45 iGPU (Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family)

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Hynix 4GBx2 1066mhz(800mhz)

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (used to be on Vista)

I have no professionalism if you call 1 year with 3d modelling and unity "professional."

I asked my friend "So how many things do you have rgb so far?" He responded, "The only things that I have RGB is my GPU, CPU cooler, Keyboard, Mouse, Mousepad, Laptop, Ram, Motherboard, SSD, case fans, PSU, cheapo-RGB leds, razer phone 2 and "

25 minutes ago, Dunk said:

people are actually selling their gtx 1080's for dirt cheap and i picked my 1080 for 320 quid. I would recommend either waiting or getting a used cheap 1080.

Lucky. I got an overclocked 1070ti for 365 haha

6 minutes ago, SupersonicSaint said:

Lucky. I got an overclocked 1070ti for 365 haha

cool! thats a good deal

Main PC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~i7 3770k 4.3ghz Arctic Freezer 33 Esports-Edition

~GTX 1080 MSI AERO (I literally paid £330 for this) 

~Samsung 860 EVO 500gb | WD Blue 1TB

~Kingston HyperX 2133Mhz DDR3 4x8gb

~Corsair SPEC-03 Red

Acer Aspire 5338 (2009 Laptop)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel Celeron T3000 (Dual-Core @ 1.8ghz)

GM45 iGPU (Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family)

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Hynix 4GBx2 1066mhz(800mhz)

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (used to be on Vista)

I have no professionalism if you call 1 year with 3d modelling and unity "professional."

I asked my friend "So how many things do you have rgb so far?" He responded, "The only things that I have RGB is my GPU, CPU cooler, Keyboard, Mouse, Mousepad, Laptop, Ram, Motherboard, SSD, case fans, PSU, cheapo-RGB leds, razer phone 2 and "

Ok. Now. First the websites in my country which allows you to sell/buy stuff are really bad. Only 2 GTX 1060 3G with the price of an GTX 1060 6G:( and my budget is close to 300$. Plus wait WOW. "Get 1080 for the price of an 1060 6G!" Impossible in my country. I live in poor country where Pc's are overpriced plus the parts for one custom too.

5 minutes ago, DOGEY said:

Ok. Now. First the websites in my country which allows you to sell/buy stuff are really bad. Only 2 GTX 1060 3G with the price of an GTX 1060 6G:( and my budget is close to 300$. Plus wait WOW. "Get 1080 for the price of an 1060 6G!" Impossible in my country. I live in poor country where Pc's are overpriced plus the parts for one custom too.

If you mean you can't find it second hand for a good price then you can wait until the new flagships have released and see if the price drops though it isn't a guarantee. What country are you from?

Don't really want to say. Because i don't want you to know where i live. Plus you will not understand everything in the sites where you can buy two hand pc parts pc ect . And you can't find one. And finally more than enough are scams. "I buyed a GPU from other country". Even with benchmarks the pics can be made before. Who knows in what condition might be? And i will see if the price drop if it that would be amazing!

2 minutes ago, DOGEY said:

Don't really want to say. Because i don't want you to know where i live. Plus you will not understand everything in the sites where you can buy two hand pc parts pc ect . And you can't find one. And finally more than enough are scams. i buyed a GPU from other country. Even with benchmarks the pics can be made before. Who knows in what condition might be? And i will see if the price drop if it that would be amazing!

If you are unsure then make sure it comes with warranty so even if it is a dud you can get it fixed.

And...Most of them say it's warranty from shop outside my country like amazon ect. if i need to deliver it to them. The will be price 100$. I will end for now forum here. i would reply to anyone who writes something. If in Octomber/November/December they release the GTX 1160 3G/6G and they are little bit cheaper i will write if the offer worth it like 240/230$.