Ryzen 2 + B450 @ B350?

I am planning to start an itx Ryzen build for my TV area.

I have chosen Ryzen 5 2600 and would like to know if there are drawbacks if i use a B350 board with it?

I wouldve wanted to use an X470 or B450, but problem is in Malaysia to get those chipsets in an ITX board is simply impossible unless i parallel imported them.

So You Wanna Be A Playa, But Your Rig's Ain't Fly,
You Gotta Hit Us Up, To Get A Pimped Out Rig,

You've Got To Pimp My Riggggggg...  (DAMN RIGHT)

The motherboard might need a BIOS update before it works with the CPU, which can be an annoying hassle especially if the board requires a compatible CPU just to run the BIOS update (which is often the case). The older board might also be more finicky when it comes to memory compatibility.

But other than that it'll work completely fine. It doesn't affect the CPU performance or anything like that.

11 minutes ago, mikedrewsmy said:

I am planning to start an itx Ryzen build for my TV area.

I have chosen Ryzen 5 2600 and would like to know if there are drawbacks if i use a B350 board with it?

I wouldve wanted to use an X470 or B450, but problem is in Malaysia to get those chipsets in an ITX board is simply impossible unless i parallel imported them.

As Sakkura mentioned, there is no problem in using B350 over the others. Just make sure your motherboard has the latest bios for Ryzen 2. Most manafacturers have a "Ryzen 2000 Ready" sticker on the top of the box these days.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT | RAM: GSkill Trident Z DDR4 3600Mhz | PSU: ADATA Core Reactor 850W 80+ Gold | CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C MONITOR: LG 32UL500-W 4K 60Hz, Gigabyte M27Q 1440p 165Hz

6 hours ago, Sakkura said:

The motherboard might need a BIOS update before it works with the CPU, which can be an annoying hassle especially if the board requires a compatible CPU just to run the BIOS update (which is often the case). The older board might also be more finicky when it comes to memory compatibility.

But other than that it'll work completely fine. It doesn't affect the CPU performance or anything like that.

5 hours ago, Krosis said:

As Sakkura mentioned, there is no problem in using B350 over the others. Just make sure your motherboard has the latest bios for Ryzen 2. Most manafacturers have a "Ryzen 2000 Ready" sticker on the top of the box these days.

Thank you for the reply.

I know the board i am buying will be compatible with the Ryzen 2, but i would just like to know what features would i not get if i chose b350 over the b450.

So You Wanna Be A Playa, But Your Rig's Ain't Fly,
You Gotta Hit Us Up, To Get A Pimped Out Rig,

You've Got To Pimp My Riggggggg...  (DAMN RIGHT)

You don't get StoreMI (at least not for free), and I think you also miss out on PBO2. Not really important features (though StoreMI is neat).