Planning a Gaming PC build for my friend, Does this seem alright?

Yuma

This is the first time my friend is going to build a PC so he asked for my help.

I just wanted to make sure that this build sounds good enough.

his budget is around 2.5k in USD so the pcpartpicker list is a little bit over his budget.

and yes i know i have not selected a PSU. I am planning to get him some 600W power supply but because we live in japan stuff of pcpartpicker might not actually work.

and also yes i know i dont have a monitor selected. My friend wanted to choose his own at some store and not online. Will probably be a 27 inch 1080p 144hz monitor.

dont comment on the overkill storage, he does not want to let go of his storage space for some reason. m.2 may be unnecessary tho

pc parts picker list

my concern is whether the water cooling is necessary or not since it is unlikely that my friend will be able to overclock the cpu by himself. 

5 minutes ago, Yuma said:

This is the first time my friend is going to build a PC so he asked for my help.

I just wanted to make sure that this build sounds good enough.

his budget is around 2.5k in USD so the pcpartpicker list is a little bit over his budget.

and yes i know i have not selected a PSU. I am planning to get him some 600W power supply but because we live in japan stuff of pcpartpicker might not actually work.

and also yes i know i dont have a monitor selected. My friend wanted to choose his own at some store and not online. Will probably be a 27 inch 1080p 144hz monitor.

dont comment on the overkill storage, he does not want to let go of his storage space for some reason. m.2 may be unnecessary tho

pc parts picker list

my concern is whether the water cooling is necessary or not since it is unlikely that my friend will be able to overclock the cpu by himself. 

Water-cooling is not necessary if not OC ing.  The 1TB m.2 is a big $$$ hog.  A 250GB would be prefect with that 4TB HDD...

If not overclocking, consider getting an i7-8700 instead. Its turbo clocks are only 100MHz lower than those of the i708700K so performance is quite close to a stock i7-8700.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($309.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($52.48 @ Newegg Marketplace) 
Motherboard: Asus - TUF H370-Pro Gaming (WI-FI) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($129.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($175.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 1.0TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($349.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Black 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($188.99 @ Newegg Business) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GAMING X Video Card  ($734.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: NZXT - H440 Designed by Razer™ ATX Mid Tower Case  ($129.98 @ Newegg Marketplace) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit  ($126.98 @ My Choice Software) 
Case Fan: Cooler Master - MasterFan MF120R ARGB 59.0 CFM  120mm Fan  ($28.98 @ Newegg Marketplace) 
Speakers: Razer - NOMMO CHROMA 0W 2ch Speakers  ($149.00 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2377.35
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-08-16 14:19 EDT-0400

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.