s340 elite airflow

excuse me, do you know how to maximize airflow on S340 elite? I know this case has a bad airflow, but I am very interested in this case, I have a plan to install 2x14cm PWM fan from Noctua for intake and for the rear and top fan, what size is suitable for a good airflow? I am still confused to choose whether airflow, air balance, or air pressure fan. My plan will be to use a fan from the cooler master because it can sync via the Asus Aura sync. Is it enough to make s340 elite better?

Thank you and sorry for my bad english (i'm still practicing,lol)

2x 140mm (2x 14cm) for the front, both for intake;

1x 140mm (14cm) at the top, for exhaust;

1x 120mm (12cm) on the rear, for exhaust;

This setup is the best way to get the most out of the S340 (Elite) fan positions.

I personally use static pressure fan because of how admittedly-claustrophobic that the S340 (Elite) is. Static pressure is able to intake more air in the smallest crevices due to the artifical pressure that it generates, so it's great for close-quarter airflow with the tower air cooler.

You can mix-and-match fans, but not all fans will make the S340 (Elite) any better.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

1 hour ago, EnterClassroom said:

excuse me, do you know how to maximize airflow on S340 elite? I know this case has a bad airflow, but I am very interested in this case, I have a plan to install 2x14cm PWM fan from Noctua for intake and for the rear and top fan, what size is suitable for a good airflow? I am still confused to choose whether airflow, air balance, or air pressure fan. My plan will be to use a fan from the cooler master because it can sync via the Asus Aura sync. Is it enough to make s340 elite better?

Thank you and sorry for my bad english (i'm still practicing,lol)

What is your hardware you're planning on using?

I would generally suggest static pressure fans to give yourself the best performance.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

6 hours ago, seoz said:

2x 140mm (2x 14cm) for the front, both for intake;

1x 140mm (14cm) at the top, for exhaust;

1x 120mm (12cm) on the rear, for exhaust;

This setup is the best way to get the most out of the S340 (Elite) fan positions.

I personally use static pressure fan because of how admittedly-claustrophobic that the S340 (Elite) is. Static pressure is able to intake more air in the smallest crevices due to the artifical pressure that it generates, so it's great for close-quarter airflow with the tower air cooler.

You can mix-and-match fans, but not all fans will make the S340 (Elite) any better.

Can u give me the best fan for intake? For intake i dont need RGB, but for rear and top fan i need RGB and enable to sync to my asus motherboard

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

What is your hardware you're planning on using?

I would generally suggest static pressure fans to give yourself the best performance.

A mainstream build, i5 8400 + GTX 1060 6gb

Can u give me the best fan to make s340 elite better? Like for intake i dont need RGB,maybe u can give me static pressure fan,for intake i dont need RGB, but 1 colour is okay i hope it white colour

And for top and rear, i need fan who can sync to my asus aura motherboard

(Sorry i know this very bad english,i hope you understand)

12 minutes ago, EnterClassroom said:

Can u give me the best fan for intake? For intake i dont need RGB, but for rear and top fan i need RGB and enable to sync to my asus motherboard

For intake, you could go for Noctua NF, Corsair SP, or Corsair AF, none include flashy addressable RGB but all are great for intake especially for an NZXT S340.

For top and rear, Corsair HD, NZXT Aer RGB, and Corsair LL fans are all good options and should sync with your Asus motherboard through Aura Sync, but don't quote me on that. Corsair Link will definitely sync the Corsair fans together should you opt for Corsair fans.

30 minutes ago, seoz said:

For intake, you could go for Noctua NF, Corsair SP, or Corsair AF, none include flashy addressable RGB but all are great for intake especially for an NZXT S340.

For top and rear, Corsair HD, NZXT Aer RGB, and Corsair LL fans are all good options and should sync with your Asus motherboard through Aura Sync, but don't quote me on that. Corsair Link will definitely sync the Corsair fans together should you opt for Corsair fans.

Oke thanks for your help bro

And for intake which one you prefer?

Noctua NF 14cm or corsair AF 14cm?

Just now, EnterClassroom said:

Oke thanks for your help bro

And for intake which one you prefer?

Noctua NF 14cm or corsair AF 14cm?

It's well-regarded that Noctua has the best-performing fans (in the world), so you really can't go wrong if you choose those. I personally get the feeling Corsair AFs won't do well as intakes.

4 hours ago, seoz said:

It's well-regarded that Noctua has the best-performing fans (in the world), so you really can't go wrong if you choose those. I personally get the feeling Corsair AFs won't do well as intakes.

oh okay, thanks for your help bro

i send a picture here, is that the best noctua fan for my s340 elite intake??

111280_ced45298-d704-11e4-86c3-df742523fab8.jpg

12 hours ago, seoz said:

Corsair HD, NZXT Aer RGB, and Corsair LL fans are all good options and should sync with your Asus motherboard through Aura Sync

None of those fans will sync their RGB with Asus Aura sadly. They're all proprietary. :( 

7 hours ago, EnterClassroom said:

The Noctua fan is good

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

3 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

None of those fans will sync their RGB with Asus Aura sadly. They're all proprietary. :( 

The Noctua fan is good

ok,but maybe until how much RPM will make that case so noisy??  

13 minutes ago, EnterClassroom said:

I wouldnt go above 2000. 1200-1500 is probably good

7 hours ago, EnterClassroom said:

What's noisy will depend on how sensitive your hearing is. From my experience, most people consider 1200-1300rpm or higher too noisy.

18 hours ago, EnterClassroom said:

NF-A14's are great but iPPC's are noisier than the standard line of Noctuas. If you want black Noctuas, get Chromax instead. 

The stock case fans should already be enough for cooling. If you want to spend more for aesthetics, that's up to you.

Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

Moved to Air Cooling.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

10 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

I wouldnt go above 2000. 1200-1500 is probably good

ok thanks for your help bro!

3 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What's noisy will depend on how sensitive your hearing is. From my experience, most people consider 1200-1300rpm or higher too noisy.

NF-A14's are great but iPPC's are noisier than the standard line of Noctuas. If you want black Noctuas, get Chromax instead. 

The stock case fans should already be enough for cooling. If you want to spend more for aesthetics, that's up to you.

Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

Moved to Air Cooling.

yeah i will use air cooling bro for my cooler, and did u know what best 14cm fan for my s340 elite intake? is noctua good?

i live in indonesia

20 hours ago, EnterClassroom said:

yeah i will use air cooling bro for my cooler, and did u know what best 14cm fan for my s340 elite intake? is noctua good?

i live in indonesia

Noctua NF-A14's are excellent. That being said, iPPC's aren't as suitable as the normal or Chromax line of Noctuas which are quieter at the same rpm. The benefit of iPPC's is better dust and water resistance and higher rpm.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

Noctua NF-A14's are excellent. That being said, iPPC's aren't as suitable as the normal or Chromax line of Noctuas which are quieter at the same rpm. The benefit of iPPC's is better dust and water resistance and higher rpm.

Ok thanks a lot for your help bro ?

On 16/08/2018 at 1:17 PM, EnterClassroom said:

do you know how to maximize airflow on S340 elite

short: you can't

you'll need to mod like 50% of the case to have airflow

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

9 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

short: you can't

you'll need to mod like 50% of the case to have airflow

Taking off the front panel isn't that difficult.