Moving existing OS from old SSD to new SSD

Teuminator

So I have an old m.2 SATA 3 SSD in my PC and it struggles with things like windows updates and steam updates, basically I can't do anything while these things happen. 

I ordered a new m.2 NVME SSD and because I only have one m.2 SSD slot I'm not sure how to transfer my partition from the old SSD into the new one.

I do have 2 HDDs thought, is there a software that can copy the partition on the HDD and make it bootable, then copy again from HDD to the new SSD? 

is there any specific reason to keep that os? 
i'd just do a fresh install

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

35 minutes ago, McHox said:

is there any specific reason to keep that os? 
i'd just do a fresh install

It's quite a fresh install, 2 months only. 

I guess I don't have that much time to thinker again with all those settings. 

What if I make a backup of my current partition, move on an HDD, then put the new SSD in, fresh install Windows and then restore? Does it work that way? 

The simplest method is to do a fresh install. But if you still want to clone OS, try the following method: 

1. Back up OS to an image with a back up program, you can save the backup file to one of your HDDs. Many free back up tools could help you. Here i recommend MiniTool Shadowmaker or Easeus todo backup.

2. create a bootable media with the backup software. 

3. Connect NVMe drive, boot computer from the created bootable media, then restore the backup file to the NVMe drive.

Good Luck!

13 hours ago, Teuminator said:

So I have an old m.2 SATA 3 SSD in my PC and it struggles with things like windows updates and steam updates, basically I can't do anything while these things happen. 

I ordered a new m.2 NVME SSD and because I only have one m.2 SSD slot I'm not sure how to transfer my partition from the old SSD into the new one.

I do have 2 HDDs thought, is there a software that can copy the partition on the HDD and make it bootable, then copy again from HDD to the new SSD? 

If you have an SSD with more than enough space, you could write the Data of the Original SSD to an image file and write that back.

You just need the right software. I don't know if Clonezilla does that.

The easiest thing woud be to use an Adapter, either a PCIe to M2 Adapter or an M2 to S-ATA one and make it on the fly...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"