Help With New Pc Build

Madison

Hi, I was hoping you guys could help me with my new build as my old pc had just died. I put together a parts list but I wanted other peoples opinion on this build. Please change the list if you think i could get something better for the money or anything you think i should change. Another thing I wasn't sure about is the video card. I am still thinking if i should go with a 1070ti or 1080. Please use places in Canada as i live in Canada. Thank You! 

My Parts List:
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/t3NjBb

If you're on a bit of a tighter budget, go 1070Ti. When overclocked, you get 1080 performance for a fair bit less.

I would personally skip out on the 1TB SSD and get a 1 or 2TB HDD instead.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

it's fine, but get a Z370 gaming 5 instead of the Z370-E.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

@Crunchy Dragon im not really on a budget but i don't have the fundings for a 1080 ti.Okay i will take out the 1td ssd. Also what 1080 would you go with personally?

Just now, Madison said:

@Crunchy Dragon im not really on a budget but i don't have the fundings for a 1080 ti.Okay i will take out the 1td ssd. Also what 1080 would you go with personally?

Asus Strix, EVGA FTW, and MSI Aero are pretty good cards.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

it's fine, but get a Z370 gaming 5 instead of the Z370-E.

what is the difference between the two?

2 minutes ago, Madison said:

what is the difference between the two?

VRMs are just as good but the gaming 5 has a dual bios and debug LED. what's your budget?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

VRMs are just as good but the gaming 5 has a dual bios and debug LED. what's your budget?

Don't really have a budget atm but just have the funds for a 1080ti

What Video Card would you guys go for if i was aiming for the Asus strip Cards or the EVGA Cards? 

42 minutes ago, Madison said:

What Video Card would you guys go for if i was aiming for the Asus strip Cards or the EVGA Cards? 

personally MSI gaming x version would look nice with the case

1 minute ago, PCNoobie said:

personally MSI gaming x version would look nice with the case

Im still deciding a case but really like the 700i series. Thanks for the advice

Drop PSU to the 550 or 650W version if you can save some money from there. I don't like what that case looks like. Not talking about physical looks, not sure about whether it is worth $200 or not, and what about airflow? Doesn't look great in that department.

It would be better if you could wait couple weeks and get a 9900K or 9700K with an RTX 2070.

9 hours ago, Motifator said:

Drop PSU to the 550 or 650W version if you can save some money from there. I don't like what that case looks like. Not talking about physical looks, not sure about whether it is worth $200 or not, and what about airflow? Doesn't look great in that department.

It would be better if you could wait couple weeks and get a 9900K or 9700K with an RTX 2070.

do you know when they will come out? and what the pricing would be?

10 hours ago, Motifator said:

A couple of weeks wait won't make any difference. You are looking at maybe October for the new cpu's and probably end of Sept for the RTX 2070 if they stagger the release 2080 > 2070 > 2060.

6 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

A couple of weeks wait won't make any difference. You are looking at maybe October for the new cpu's and probably end of Sept for the RTX 2070 if they stagger the release 2080 > 2070 > 2060.

what will the the price range of the RTX Gpu's?

2 hours ago, lee32uk said:

Pascal had Fast Sync, far lower Blu-Ray / desktop power consumption and so on compared to Maxwell. With the next gen you're getting RTX along with the probability of a soldered Intel SKU. Do your research.

55 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Pascal had Fast Sync, far lower Blu-Ray / desktop power consumption and so on compared to Maxwell. With the next gen you're getting RTX along with the probability of a soldered Intel SKU. Do your research.

Did you even bother to read what I said ? If the op waits a couple of weeks HE STILL WON'T BE ABLE TO BUY AN RTX 2070 OR INTEL I9 9900k/I7 9700K BECAUSE THEY WON'T HAVE  BEEN RELEASED. 

2 hours ago, Madison said:

what will the the price range of the RTX Gpu's?

Honestly no idea on pricing. There is supposed to be some announcement by Nvidia on Monday.

3 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Did you even bother to read what I said ? If the op waits a couple of weeks HE STILL WON'T BE ABLE TO BUY AN RTX 2070 OR INTEL I9 9900k/I7 9700K BECAUSE THEY WON'T HAVE  BEEN RELEASED. 

Did you even bother to do LESS THAN A MINUTE OF RESEARCH, Mr. Caps Lock? Z390 along with the new chips are due out in a couple weeks.

5 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Did you even bother to do LESS THAN A MINUTE OF RESEARCH, Mr. Caps Lock? Z390 along with the new chips are due out in a couple weeks.

I am sure you have a link to share with that release date ? 

57 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

I am sure you have a link to share with that release date ? 

Well it might not be 2 weeks but according to the Intel roadmap the CPUs will be precisely out in a couple weeks more than that. Point is, if he can wait, then I'd by all means suggest him to... and if he can pick up a GTX / RTX 2080, then he should do that too, since it'll certainly come out in 4 days.

17 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Well it might not be 2 weeks but according to the Intel roadmap the CPUs will be precisely out in a couple weeks more than that. Point is, if he can wait, then I'd by all means suggest him to... and if he can pick up a GTX / RTX 2080, then he should do that too, since it'll certainly come out in 4 days.

Everything I have seen points to mid Sept or October. Also don't forget that if they do release (Not a paper release) they will be in very short supply. You would have to pre-order to guarantee one.

As for the gpu's I would imagine they will be founders editions if they follow previous gpu's. Again these will sell out immediately plus I would suggest waiting for the aftermarket cooler versions anyway which will be a good few weeks after release.