Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut Compatibility

Go to solution Solved by W-L,
9 minutes ago, BreadPug said:

Hi guys,

I have a Gammaxx 400 heatsink and I was wondering if it would be possible to use thermal grizzly conductonaut on it. They say it can't be used with aluminum heatsinks. The bottom of the gammaxx 400 has 4 copper heatpipes and i'm not sure what the other material is. It looks like it's probably aluminum, I just wanted to double check. I will be using it on both my CPU and GPU. If not compatible I was thinking of using thermal grizzly kryonaut, thoughts?

Thanks

You don't want to use liquid metal on that since the based plate has copper heatpipes but an aluminum base plate, regular good quality thermal paste is your best option as it's also not an extremely large air cooler. 

-Moved to Aircooling- 

Hi guys,

I have a Gammaxx 400 heatsink and I was wondering if it would be possible to use thermal grizzly conductonaut on it. They say it can't be used with aluminum heatsinks. The bottom of the gammaxx 400 has 4 copper heatpipes and i'm not sure what the other material is. It looks like it's probably aluminum, I just wanted to double check. I will be using it on both my CPU and GPU. If not compatible I was thinking of using thermal grizzly kryonaut, thoughts?

Thanks

9 minutes ago, BreadPug said:

Hi guys,

Thanks

You don't want to use liquid metal on that since the based plate has copper heatpipes but an aluminum base plate, regular good quality thermal paste is your best option as it's also not an extremely large air cooler. 

-Moved to Aircooling-