My PC won't recognize 100mbps Half/Full Duplex

hotcoolfool11
Go to solution Solved by hotcoolfool11,

Found the problem. My cable. Bought a new cat 5e cable and it worked BUT when I tested it with my previous cable that caused the problem, it worked again?! So yeah I guess if you the same problem as me get a new cable.

Yesterday, I was using my computer normally, no issues at all. My network was working perfectly fine.

Today I came home and starting doing work on my PC(Windows 10). Then suddenly my internet stopped working. My phone still worked perfectly fine on Wi-Fi. So then I see that my network icon has a red cross and kept changing from the cross icon and the yellow attention sign uninterruptedly. So I started troubleshooting with no success. I came across a forum of someone having the same issue. The user said you should change your Speed and Duplex to 10mbps Full/Half Duplex. That worked. BUT. Now I'm not using the full potential of my network. I have a 30mb fiber line. So can anyone help me with this issue? To turn it back to 100mbps Full/Half Duplex?

Thanks everyone

EDIT: My motherboard: MSI GAMING M5 Z170

Router TP-LINK TL-WR840N

Most likely culprits:

- Driver puked

- Cable got damaged/is getting old

Try reinstalling your NIC driver and try another cable.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

Found the problem. My cable. Bought a new cat 5e cable and it worked BUT when I tested it with my previous cable that caused the problem, it worked again?! So yeah I guess if you the same problem as me get a new cable.