Need help with an upgrade.

Mattyd

I upgraded from a XFX 7850 to a GTX 680 and since I have done this, my games don't feel as smooth. Which is strange. Games such as CoD actually feel worse which is strange considering you can practically run CoD off of a potato. I've Un-Installed the AMD drivers and Installed the Nvidia drivers since I did the upgrade so I know it's not a driver issue. Any help is much appreciated!

You can try doing a fresh install of windows if possible, conflicting old drivers 'may' be a cause. The GTX 680 should be much faster than a 7850 in every occasion so something may be wrong. Maybe check your AA settings for CoD (I'm not even sure if CoD has AA) but some AA is vendor specific in terms of performance between AMD and nVidia.

Well that's strange, I've heard of someone complain about how he upgraded from a 670 to a 7970 and the FPS is higher but borderlands 2 didn't feel as smooth.

And we collectively thought that borderlands 2 being an nvidia optimized game had something to do with that.

But upgrading from a 7850 to a 680 should have the exact opposite effect, the games should feel smoother because of the higher frames per second.

Is it just Call of Duty that you're having this issue with ?

hmmm thats very strange. could ya care to share your specs. Since a 7850 tier is way different from gtx680 it could be possible your cpu is bottle necking! a ati785 is a mid high end card.gtx 680 is top of the line card. lol. If you dont have have a top tier cpu. like a amd fx8120-8350 or a amd i5 2500k-3570k or a i7 2600k or 3770k you will probably be bottle necking!. also there are certain games that prefer nividia cars. such as an example. I played sleeping dogs on a old 5830 and ran 60 fps on extreme setting like 60fps. with my gtx 570 i my performance drops like crazy!

Amd fx-8320 oc 4.1ghz, 8gb ram, gtx 780ti 3gb, 240gb ssd, 1.5tb hdd,

Thanks for the replies guys, yes it's only CoD and I'm running max AA, even without it, I still don't get "smooth game play".

CPU;- 8320 @ 4.0Ghz

16gb DDR3

and my games are running off a Samsung 840 Pro.

EDIT:

I also really want to avoid formatting my SSD/HDD.