Mini ITX Build to Bring On a Plane (Gaming)

TLDR: I need a small mini ITX Pc that I can bring on a plane

So recently I've been looking into building a secondary Mini Portable PC that I could take around with me on a plane or something. I immediately fell in love with the Thermaltake Core P1 and was ready to paint my GPU and RAM to create an awesome looking build! Sadly I realise d that an open case was not the best idea to bring on a plane. (Duh) So I scrapped my idea, so that's where I am nowNg

Budget

• Strictly under 700 US

• U.S, New York

Use

• Gaming (Overwatch 1080p 60hz Ultra/Epic settings preferably)

Peripherals Needed

• None

Operating System Required

• Windows 10

Overclocking 

• Probably not

Form Factor

• A small mini ITX build (ik mini ITX is small but some mITX cases are much larger than others.)

Other

• I will hopefully be giving whatever case I use a custom paint job.

P.S This will be my second build so I am not a huge beginner.

You don't mean like, to USE on a plane right, just small enough to bring in a carry-on or something?

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

To use or to bring on the plane? You are going to have to get pretty creative if its the first one

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i3-8100 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($115.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - H310M-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($80.49 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg Business) 
Storage: Team - L5 LITE 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB SC GAMING Video Card  ($199.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Fractal Design - Node 202 HTPC Case  ($76.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Corsair - SF 450W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply  ($85.43 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $698.77
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-08-15 09:08 EDT-0400

On 8/15/2018 at 1:34 PM, Theguywhobea said:

You don't mean like, to USE on a plane right, just small enough to bring in a carry-on or something?

Ya xD (not use but bring)

On 8/15/2018 at 1:44 PM, Bananasplit_00 said:

To use or to bring on the plane? You are going to have to get pretty creative if its the first one

Lol to use on a plane!

On 8/15/2018 at 1:39 PM, Julius0000 said:

Why even bring a computer with you in a plane? :|

Becausv some times I stay places for months and in other countries and I need it so be portable. Also it's cool to have a tiny PC you can carry around with you.

Just now, PcNoob23 said:

Becausv some times I stay places for months and in other countries and I need it so be portable. Also it's cool to have a tiny PC you can carry around with you.

I thought you meant use on a plane lmao. But thats a pretty good idea

3 hours ago, PcNoob23 said:

Lol to use on a plane!

Get a laptop. 

If you want a desktop then you are going to need to carry a screen as well and I'm also not sure if the outlets will let you draw enough for anything decent tbh

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016