HD 598 for gaming

brandon32689

Is anyone else using the HD 598 for gaming? I am looking at trying out a open back headset for gaming. I play mainly FPS games. also i will take other suggestions.

2 minutes ago, zinton said:

I have em, they are great for gaming imo.

do you run a amp or just direct to pc

Just now, brandon32689 said:

do you run a amp or just direct to pc

I run them from a focusrite 2i2. Its drives them pretty wel and ive also been able to drive them from a phone's built in amp. 

10 minutes ago, zinton said:

I run them from a focusrite 2i2. Its drives them pretty wel and ive also been able to drive them from a phone's built in amp. 

yeah i have a good MOBO so dont think i will need a amp and they are only 50 ohm i just have never used open back before..

6 minutes ago, brandon32689 said:

yeah i have a good MOBO so dont think i will need a amp and they are only 50 ohm i just have never used open back before..

If you dont already know, you can heareverything in the room like there is nothing on your ears, and people can hear what you're listening to. Its no problem for me since I am alone, but not good headphones for noiy environments. But as you may also know, the open nature makes them sound way better (imo).

59 minutes ago, zinton said:

If you dont already know, you can heareverything in the room like there is nothing on your ears, and people can hear what you're listening to. Its no problem for me since I am alone, but not good headphones for noiy environments. But as you may also know, the open nature makes them sound way better (imo).

yeah that is what i have been told. Sometimes my house is noisy i will use a closed headset but most of the time i am playing games at night when the kids are in bed and my wife will sit with me. Maybe with these i can hear her when she talks to me lol 

20 hours ago, brandon32689 said:

I orderd the hd 598 and fioo e10k

Cancel the Fioo e10k. You don’t need it! 

The HD 598 runs well on any device. Just plug them into your PC. Done. Don’t waste your money on the DAC/AMP.

I have the 598se.  So far I love them.  I'm driving them using an old Line6 Guitarport (it's nice having it double as a guitar amp and dac).  Also handy that I can hear if my wife or kids call me when I'm gaming.  As much as I'd like to tune everything out, my wife might get a little mad if I ignore her for too long, haha.

I use my Cloud 2s when gaming online since I don't have a seperate mic.

On 8/15/2018 at 12:32 AM, brandon32689 said:

yeah that is what i have been told. Sometimes my house is noisy i will use a closed headset but most of the time i am playing games at night when the kids are in bed and my wife will sit with me. Maybe with these i can hear her when she talks to me lol 

Yeah its a def perk that I can hear my SO when they are talking to me. Also I second what the other guy said, you probs wont need the amp. I only have the focusrite for the xlr mic input and the monitor/headphone output + control. If you can get by without those features you probably wont need it.