Game recommendations (please read post!)

Aereldor

I just got my Alienware 13R3 laptop fixed and I want to push it. I'm looking for some great, really good-looking, CASUAL games. The only one I have right now is Rocket League. I almost bought Battlefront 2 (2017) but it's $25 and that's on the grey market.

Here are my requirements.

• A casual game. Not something with a steep learning curve or an overinvolved story like The Witcher 3. Just something I can pick up and play.
  • It MUST be graphically demanding
  • Cheap or Free. $20 is the max (this translates to about $6 given Steam India pricing).
  • Multiplayer is preferred.
  • It must be approachable. I don't want to spend a long time learning it.
  • I'd like a game released in the last year or so.

Aight, LTT. Whaddya got for me?

Crysis 3?

4 minutes ago, Netivity said:

Crysis 3?

It's not particularly casual, is it?

Meh, it has a story line etc. But it's still a good game to get into in regards to controls etc.

and: 

Image result for can't tell if sarcasm

A graphically demanding, casual, newly released title for under $20?

Warframe and War Thunder? If your into Mad Max, Crossout?

#Muricaparrotgang

I was going to recommend GTA V since that's fairly casual, has multiplayer, is graphically demanding, and was on sale for about $17 recently for the new Nightlife update, but I just checked and it appears the sale has ended in the last few days. Keep an eye on it though and if it comes up on sale again I'd recommend giving it a go.

2 hours ago, Aereldor said:

I almost bought Battlefront 2 (2017) but it's $25 and that's on the grey market.

You could look in to Origin Access subscription, which costs $5 per month and provides access to a bunch of games, including Battlefront 2. You can play all the games as long as your subscription is current. https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/origin-access

There's also Humble Bundle Monthly which costs $12 per month, but it gives you full copies of the games that are yours to own forever, usually provided by Steam Key (if available on Steam). Usually each month has 6-10 games in it with one or two major titles and a couple of indie games. You can cancel subscription any time and you still get to keep all of the games you have previously received through it. https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Cookie clicker

Half life 2

garrys mod (requires half life 2) 

minecraft

fortnite (there’s a zombie mode)

Call of duty

Flappy bird

clash of clans

fallout shelter (yes it’s on steam) 

minesweeper. 

Mad max

9 hours ago, Spotty said:

You could look in to Origin Access subscription, which costs $5 per month and provides access to a bunch of games, including Battlefront 2. You can play all the games as long as your subscription is current. https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/origin-access

It's not. I bought the Origin Access $5 pass JUST to play Battlefront 2. I only get a 10-hour trial of Battlefront 2. You have to pay $15 a month for the game.

It's $25 on CDKeys (greymarket like G2A). I figured I'd play the trial and see if I like it enough.

3 hours ago, fpo said:

Cookie clicker

Half life 2

garrys mod (requires half life 2) 

minecraft

fortnite (there’s a zombie mode)

Call of duty

Flappy bird

clash of clans

fallout shelter (yes it’s on steam) 

minesweeper. 

Mad max

This has to be sarcasm.

11 hours ago, Aereldor said:

It MUST be graphically demanding

I already have most of these.

9 hours ago, Spotty said:

There's also Humble Bundle Monthly which costs $12 per month, but it gives you full copies of the games that are yours to own forever, usually provided by Steam Key (if available on Steam). Usually each month has 6-10 games in it with one or two major titles and a couple of indie games. You can cancel subscription any time and you still get to keep all of the games you have previously received through it. https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly

That's pretty nice, actually. Tales of Berseria for $12 alone is a good deal!

23 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

The Last of Us

You didn't read the post. Surprise.

1 hour ago, Aereldor said:

This has to be sarcasm.

Only partially :P