Is LinusMediaGroup okay?

ryao
4 hours ago, Majinhoju said:

I work just down the street from LMG.

We're fine.  Thick haze/smoke just rolled in a couple days ago so the air quality is pretty bad, we can barely see the mountains which are usually crystal clear.   The fire risk here is very low though.  Most of the fires are east/north of us in the interior where there is a lot more forest area.

The air quality all over the Pacific Northwest is bad right now.  I live in Vancouver (no, the other one) and it's bad here as well.

Yes, wildfires are a fairly common, yearly occurrence.  It's been particularly bad the last 2 - 3 years because of how dry and hot it's been, but that itself is on a 10 - 15 year cycle.  So, we've seen this before.

The closest wildfire to the LMG office that's still burning is probably the bog fire at Richmond Nature Park. It is technically still burning, but it's just the soil underground that's still hot. And considering Vancouver is a major Canadian city, if there ever was a risk of the city being overrun by fire like what happened in Fork MacMurray in 2016, it's for sure going to be mentioned in the news across the globe.   

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

LMG has to be ok if a major Canadian city was threatened more troops would be deployed over there than other areas since they are more populated we would also see it on social media, the news everywhere, and everyone would be talking about. since the fires are so common in bc in the summer it does not get as much coverage as it did unless something BIG happens