RX 580 runs hot and loud

Waynelu1

I have a RX 580 4GB and while playing BF1 it gets up to 75-85 degrees at 3000-3500 RPM which causes it to be way too loud. Does anyone have a fan curve or any solutions to lower my graphics card temps? I have 2 exhaust one on the back one on top, 1 NHD15s and 2 front intake fans. 

Looking for fan curve, tips, or suggestions.

which specific card?

all amd cards are hot and loud. GL

wear headphones 

mabye use a cpu aio on it?

22 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

which specific card?

wear headphones 

Do you think putting a cpu AIO would help a lot? Also are AMD cards ok to run around 80*?

MSI Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 RX 580 ARMOR 4G OC 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card is my card 

1 hour ago, Waynelu1 said:

Do you think putting a cpu AIO would help a lot? Also are AMD cards ok to run around 80*?

MSI Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 RX 580 ARMOR 4G OC 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card is my card 

MSI armor cooler one of worst coolers along with Zotac AMP they run 80c

20 minutes ago, Jaggsta said:

MSI armor cooler one of worst coolers along with Zotac AMP they run 80c

What do you suggest I do?

2 hours ago, Firewrath9 said:

which specific card?

wear headphones 

No they're not, especially not Polaris. Can't believe there are still people on this forum saying this nonsense.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Just now, ivan134 said:

No they're not, especially not Polaris. Can't believe there are still people on this forum saying this nonsense.

Mine is running at around 80 degrees at 3500 RPM what would you suggest I do?

2 hours ago, Waynelu1 said:

The armor cooler is bad, that's why your have a hot and noisy card. A 3rd party cooler would help

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

25 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

The armor cooler is bad, that's why your have a hot and noisy card. A 3rd party cooler would help

Anything youd recommend 

50 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

I don’t have the clearance due to my large NHD15s, I will instead add more high CFM fans In hopes of it contributing to cooling my case. 

https://imgur.com/a/tnHFpo0 currently is my card looking safe? 

2 hours ago, Waynelu1 said:

I don’t have the clearance due to my large NHD15s, I will instead add more high CFM fans In hopes of it contributing to cooling my case. 

https://imgur.com/a/tnHFpo0 currently is my card looking safe? 

That is really hot. Are you using airflow optimized fan for your rear exhuast in your case? If not, you should. Also, this might not necessarily apply to you, but if you dont have a high quality power strip, it might be causing your GPU voltage to be higher than normal. This was happening to me, until I bought a better one when I moved. I didn't even know my old power strip was the cause until I noticed my GPU voltage was lower and overclocks were more stable after I used the better power strip.

32 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

That is really hot. Are you using airflow optimized fan for your rear exhuast in your case? If not, you should. Also, this might not necessarily apply to you, but if you dont have a high quality power strip, it might be causing your GPU voltage to be higher than normal. This was happening to me, until I bought a better one when I moved. I didn't even know my old power strip was the cause until I noticed my GPU voltage was lower and overclocks were more stable after I used the better power strip.

I will definitely purchase high airflow fans, however based on my voltages would you recommend a new power strip. I am fairly new and I’m not too familiar with what these numbers should be/mean.

8 minutes ago, Waynelu1 said:

I will definitely purchase high airflow fans, however based on my voltages would you recommend a new power strip. I am fairly new and I’m not too familiar with what these numbers should be/mean.

I didn't notice your voltage before. 1.15v is fine. Mine maxes out at the same. I would try undervolting to see if that helps and even underclocking to the 1300 - 1340 range on your GPU core. Performance at that range is still good. Mine is 1338 out of the box and I have no OC right now. I don't have problems with any games.

40 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

I didn't notice your voltage before. 1.15v is fine. Mine maxes out at the same. I would try undervolting to see if that helps and even underclocking to the 1300 - 1340 range on your GPU core. Performance at that range is still good. Mine is 1338 out of the box and I have no OC right now. I don't have problems with any games.

Do you have any recommended high airflow fans that I could replace my current fans with for optimal airflow and cooling?

My Aorus RX580 8gb runs a bit loud now on this hot summer temps and fans spin at 3000rpm on some games but the card never goes above 76c, similar to yous, if you can try to improve your case airflow or ambient temps but it's summer and yes stuff get's hot.

Privacy is necessary for an open society in the electronic age. Privacy is not secrecy. A private matter is something one doesn't want the whole world to know, but a secret matter is something one doesn't want anybody to know. Privacy is the power to selectively reveal oneself to the world..

47 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Any by Noctua, really.  Thermaltake thunderblades are decent, but they're not as good as the Noctua ones.  Be quiet makes some decent fans too.  AF120/140s are nice too.

Thank you!!! Would you say 60-70 CFM is sufficient?

1 minute ago, gr33nbits said:

My Aorus RX580 8gb runs a bit loud now on this hot summer temps and fans spin at 3000rpm on some games but the card never goes above 76c, similar to yous, if you can try to improve your case airflow or ambient temps but it's summer and yes stuff get's hot.

I am going to try to improve case airflow. I hope it makes a big difference. 

1 hour ago, ivan134 said:

My PSU is pretty crappy, and I am going to replace it. (PSU is a power strip right LOL) a high quality one should protect my parts and keep them at stable voltages?

12 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

54.3 is fine enough with a good Noctua, but 60-70 I guess is better.  Corsair's AF line is also designed for good airflow.  I still think Noctua's are better, though.

I’m thinking a couple Corsair led 64 CFM fans and a couple Arctic F14 70 CFM fans. 2 140mm front intake, 1 back 120mm and 1 140mm top exhaust?

What setup would you recommend?

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

A bit overkill, but it would work.

LMFAO, with my overkill setup do you think it would drop my GPU temps by a lot?

5 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

To a point, but you could always replace the shitty paste MSI puts on there with hydronaut, mx-4, or kryonaut.

How much of a drop of temps should I probably see with my setup? 

How much of of a difference does the thermal paste you recommended?

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Depends on the one you pick, but kryonaut will drop it the most followed by hydronaut followed by mx-4.  I've seen some temp drop anywhere from 10-23 degrees on a cooler, but considering you're using an armor edition probably anywhere from 10-15 degrees.

https://www.amazon.com/Thermal-Grizzly-Kryonaut-Grease-Paste/dp/B00ZJSF5LM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1534456168&sr=8-3&keywords=kryonaut

Holy shit, 15 degrees from just the paste or my whole set up? 

I currently run my card at 3500 RPM and around 70 degrees. But that shit is too loud. I want to reduce GPU noise mainly, but stay safe while using it. If I cool case I could lower RPM, but wouldn’t thst make my temps go up again due to slower fans?

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

Well, I think around 90-95c is thermal throttle territory.  Bad paste can increase temp, as can a bad spread.  So, a good paste can significantly drop temps compared to a bad one.

When you gave me the 15 degree drop, you meant just thermal paste or new paste plus my overkill fans setup?

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

Paste "can" drop it that much.

Holy shit thats a lot, combined with my new fan setup what could I be lookin at?