Samsung vr (2017)

Snifferdog3

Hey, I recently got a Samsung vr, but the 360 videos (not YouTube ones) are in really low quality! They look like there in 144p! I have fiber (about 50mbps) so it should run it fine, can't see any options for quality either. I'm using a Samsung s6 and the 2017 Samsung vr. Thanks :)

Did you play around with the lenses inside the Gear VR?
Usually you have to adjust them. 

Also current VR never looks really that sharp. I noticed that when I was trying the HTC Vive.

1 minute ago, Senzelian said:

Did you play around with the lenses inside the Gear VR?
Usually you have to adjust them. 

Also current VR never looks really that sharp. I noticed that when I was trying the HTC Vive.

The menu look great! It's not the adjustment, I can see the text in the menu clearly it's just the videos are really low quality like the resolution is 144p instead of 1080p etc.  Nothing to do with adjustment

8 minutes ago, Snifferdog3 said:

The menu look great! It's not the adjustment, I can see the text in the menu clearly it's just the videos are really low quality like the resolution is 144p instead of 1080p etc.  Nothing to do with adjustment

And did you try videos from multiple sources? Where do you get those videos from?

2 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

And did you try videos from multiple sources? Where do you get those videos from?

they were just on my home page. they said from oclus videos if that's what you mean?

7 minutes ago, Snifferdog3 said:

they were just on my home page. they said from oclus videos if that's what you mean?

Yup.
Maybe its just their content that doesn't stream properly.

You should try different kinds of content. I haven't used the Samsung VR thingy yet, so I can't really give you any details, but I don't think it's the fault of the device, but instead is related to the stream.

2 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Yup.

You should try different kinds of content. I haven't used the Samsung VR thingy yet, so I can't really give you any details, but I don't think it's the fault of the device, but instead is related to the stream.

ill have a look around and ill let you know :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/08/2018 at 10:21 AM, Senzelian said:

Yup.

Hello. It's been awhile (totally didnt forget to reply......) I have tried multiple content (Samsung videos and oclus) I even downloaded some videos! It still looks really bad! The menu is great just the videos it's like it's playing it in 144p! Not sure what to do :(

8 hours ago, Snifferdog3 said:

Hello. It's been awhile (totally didnt forget to reply......) I have tried multiple content (Samsung videos and oclus) I even downloaded some videos! It still looks really bad! The menu is great just the videos it's like it's playing it in 144p! Not sure what to do :(

Try to watch this video

You can enable VR on mobile devices in the lower right corner when in fullscreen.

The quality for me looks decent in 4K, but on lower resolutions or on larger monitors it kinda sucks. 360° videos are simply of lower quality than normal videos.