Best graphics card for Photoshop and some gaming??

KushKomputers

Hey guys, I need to get a graphics card for my system and I do a lot of Photoshop work for some side jobs and personal stuff. I am trying to decide between getting the HIS 7870 in hopes that AMD will soon support adobe and will receive a performance boost. The other option I was looking at was getting a 660. I also do some light gaming like Trials HD and Farcry 3 at 1080p. My price range is around $200-$250 U.S. dollars, any recommendations??

btw, my system is...

FX-8350

Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3

Windows 8

600w psu

AMD FX-8350 OC to 4.5ghz      Evga gtx 660       SilverStone FT03      Samsung 840 128gb  

You don't need a graphics card for photoshop, the FX 8350 is faster than the i7 3770k in photoshop and will be plenty enough .
Thanks for the tip! Would you recommend me to just get something along the lines of an H100 and buying a nicer motherboard for overclocking??

AMD FX-8350 OC to 4.5ghz      Evga gtx 660       SilverStone FT03      Samsung 840 128gb  

I would recommend getting either an Asus M5A97 or an Asus M599FX motherboard depending on your budget.

And an NZXT Havik 140 CPU cooler, you should be able to get at least 4.7Ghz on your FX 8350 with the Havik and the Asus motherboards.

Thanks for the quick reply's! It was very helpful!

I would recommend getting either an Asus M5A97 or an Asus M599FX motherboard depending on your budget.

And an NZXT Havik 140 CPU cooler, you should be able to get at least 4.7Ghz on your FX 8350 with the Havik and the Asus motherboards.

You're welcome !