Gamer Opinions - Best Peripherals (2018 or before)

MrChemistryCow9

I searched the forum and I didn't see anything on the best peripherals 2018 or before, so I thought I'd make a thread for people to post what mouses and keyboards they like/ are using and list some pros and cons. I feel like it may be a help to Peripheral noobs like me so they could look at this and see good ones for 2018 or before. I also wanted to know because I am having a tough time figuring out what keyboard I want because I find that places that rate keyboards are always switching up and they only use it for a bit so maybe people who use it for year(s) could answer it better. I guess just say what peripherals you have in the comments so I can also decide what keyboard and mouse I want.

Also I'm kind of eying the Corsair K95 RGB Platinum, is that a good choice or will I waste money?

Current Gaming build:

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800x
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum
Motherboard: ASRock X570 Taichi

Memory: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000mhz 15-17-17-35

Graphics Card: Geforce RTX 2080

Graphics Card Cooler: EVGA XC Ultra Gaming
Storage: 500GB Samsung 860 EVO, 1TB Western Digital Blue
PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750W
Case: Corsair 460x Black
Case Cooling: A mix and match of fans ?
Peripherals:

Monitor: HP 27ea
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE
Mouse: Corsair Glaive Black
Headphones: Corsair HS60
Microphone: Blue Snowball Black Edition

"Gaming" Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro Mid-2012 with Nvidia Geforce Now

On a budget, the Logitech G213 and G402 are a very good combo for someone who plays a lot of first person shooters. The G203 is also a good cheaper alternative to the G402 for those who don't play many FPS titles.

G502 mouse is the best one iv used ever.

and if you get the k95, get the old one with the 18 macros.
its better and probably cheaper.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

13 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

and if you get the k95, get the old one with the 18 macros.
its better and probably cheaper.

Unless you need all the macros, I would recommend Cooler Master's more recent keyboards (Such as the MasterKeys MK750) over Corsair. CM has really stepped up their game lately, and Corsair's keyboards are generally a lot lower quality, despite the 'aluminium frame' they use. There's also the significant value advantage.

Razer's software is incredibly annoying, but if you're using their products without the software, I'll go out on a limb and say their mechanical keyboards aren't bad.  Love my G900 mouse, and it's been updated with several new versions and more budget-friendly variants like the G502 which is very highly rated.

Currently I use a Corsair Dark Core RGB SE mouse. I really like it, because it is wireless, supports Qi charging and fits my hand really well.
My keyboard is a Cooler Master Quickfire TK. Pretty good little keyboard with a nice layout.

It all comes down to personal preference, but the only brand that has never failed my is Logitech. Their G-line mice come in different shapes and sizes from the sleek 203 to the angular and large G502. 

When it comes to keyboards, try the switches out first before making a decision. For example, I personally hate Romer-G's but some people like them a lot.

2 hours ago, Leinad4400 said:

Corsair's keyboards are generally a lot lower quality, despite the 'aluminium frame' they use. There's also the significant value advantage

Well if my k95 rgb plat is low quality your keyboard must be made of diamond

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

2 hours ago, Peskanova said:

Well if my k95 rgb plat is low quality your keyboard must be made of diamond

Low quality by comparison to what else you can get at that price point. As far as I know the K95s just have a sheet of aluminium on top of them to give them the nice look. You take for example an IKBC keyboard, you could knock someone out with that thing.

I can knock with my k95 a guy

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

Ok, I have already bought a Corsair Glaive, I like the feel but I'm sure many other mide have the same feel. Is this anything critically wrong with it?

Current Gaming build:

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800x
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum
Motherboard: ASRock X570 Taichi

Memory: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000mhz 15-17-17-35

Graphics Card: Geforce RTX 2080

Graphics Card Cooler: EVGA XC Ultra Gaming
Storage: 500GB Samsung 860 EVO, 1TB Western Digital Blue
PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750W
Case: Corsair 460x Black
Case Cooling: A mix and match of fans ?
Peripherals:

Monitor: HP 27ea
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE
Mouse: Corsair Glaive Black
Headphones: Corsair HS60
Microphone: Blue Snowball Black Edition

"Gaming" Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro Mid-2012 with Nvidia Geforce Now

On 8/14/2018 at 8:13 AM, MrChemistryCow9 said:

I searched the forum and I didn't see anything on the best peripherals 2018 or before, so I thought I'd make a thread for people to post what mouses and keyboards they like/ are using and list some pros and cons. I feel like it may be a help to Peripheral noobs like me so they could look at this and see good ones for 2018 or before. I also wanted to know because I am having a tough time figuring out what keyboard I want because I find that places that rate keyboards are always switching up and they only use it for a bit so maybe people who use it for year(s) could answer it better. I guess just say what peripherals you have in the comments so I can also decide what keyboard and mouse I want.

Also I'm kind of eying the Corsair K95 RGB Platinum, is that a good choice or will I waste money?

habibi the G502 is awesome, i have it, but the scroll wheel is ass, it keeps on shaking when i move the mouse, i can HEAR AND FEEL IT, the software is amazing and the price is not bad if you're in the US or idk,do NOT get the razer blackwidow chroma v2 TE, the only 2 problems are the software and the price, i bought the keyboard for 160 bucks, the software is total ASS, theres 3 different type of switches, the razer green, which is a mx blue but slightly less crispier, the razer orange which is the same as the brown and the yellow which i think is the same as speed, it has an awesome wrist rest but one problem is that its leather so it heats your wrists up, it has a detachable cable and has some AMAZING RGB, there isnt no keycaps like the corsair where its kinda elevated or somthing like that, i would not buy this keyboard again. I like the hardware of it, not the software