Turing Consumer Cards Teaser

Shadow Bullet

I want to clear something up. So people have more context with regards to what he was saying. He was specifically referring to GeForce. He didn't say anything about Turing.

There will probably be lunch too...

Another hint in the video I missed; AlanaT = Alan Turing, namesake for the Turing architecture.

AlanaT.png

2 hours ago, samcool55 said:

Well you might understood little but he SAID long time so that's what i understood but anyway, as history teaches us, once the rumor mill about new nvidia GPU's start to really get some traction, launch is usually about 3 weeks (linus said that on the forums) and it seems like this time it's not much different. Just look at the PCB leak, about 3 weeks between that one and the date nvidia gives.

Compare that to AMD it's a big difference. Usually they let the hype train go for months. Threadripper 2 for example has been confirmed months ago and they only launched their halo product at this point. It will take another few months until the new line-up is fully launched and available.

Nvidia will launch whatever they will announce instantly and it will all be available right away. No need to wait until the cards will be in stock. I'm 100% sure there are finished cards on their way right now to retailers. It takes a while until the supply chain properly up and running, like months.

Manufacturers need to design the graphics cards, possibly develop some new stuff. Get mass production going (at that point the GPU itself has to be in mass production as well and stockpiled so that's another few weeks added). And then ship the new cards out to distibutors which then need to ship them out to the retailers. That takes time!

How about we look at the original quote more closely.

02:17AM EDT - Q: When is the next GeForce? A: I'll invite you. There will be lunch. But it's a long time. 

If you actually listen to what he says it was pretty obvious from the start. I knew it right when I heard that quote back in the beginning of June that he didn't mean nearly as long as people were thinking. He would invite them and that there will be lunch. That means he clearly has already planned the launch of the card and has a set date and likely venue for it. But he also stares that it will be a long time. This implies that although everything is set up and ready the date of the launch is still a bit away which in fairness it was a little under 3 months away. So like I said on the original thread about this quote it wasn't going to be as long as people thought. I mean to say he just strait up lied is untrue. If you take the entire quite in context then it really is kinda accurate. 

2 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

How about we look at the original quote more closely.

If you actually listen to what he says it was pretty obvious from the start. I knew it right when I heard that quote back in the beginning of June that he didn't mean nearly as long as people were thinking. He would invite them and that there will be lunch. That means he clearly has already planned the launch of the card and has a set date and likely venue for it. But he also stares that it will be a long time. This implies that although everything is set up and ready the date of the launch is still a bit away which in fairness it was a little under 3 months away. So like I said on the original thread about this quote it wasn't going to be as long as people thought. I mean to say he just strait up lied is untrue. If you take the entire quite in context then it really is kinda accurate. 

He said that the media would be invited, and added (in jest) that there would probably be lunch. Upon being pressed for a "little hint", he said, twice, that it's "a long time from now". There's no way to not make that a fib-a fib told for understandable reasons, nevertheless- and it's unclear why anyone would want to.