Turing Consumer Cards Teaser

Shadow Bullet

From the NVIDIA GeForce YouTube Channel, #BeForTheGame. Here we can see NVIDIA hyping up this new consumer release, and at one point during the video we can see a user logon with the username "RayTex" which I assume indicates the new cards will have RayTracing just like the Quadro cards just announced minutes ago. Please note this is different than the Quadro announcement and therefore is not a duplicate thread, as this came out moments ago after the conference ended.

In the description of the video we can see

#BeForTheGame. Cologne. 20.Aug.2018.

So it would seem as though all of the rumors were correct about GamesCom on August 20th. New GPU's here we come! 

What do you guys think are you excited to finally see some new GPU's?

EDIT: For the "RayTex" I see now that it says "Roy Tex", however I still believe this is eluding to RayTracing. RayTex.thumb.PNG.4805c8435a80ad68e580332cf9143821.PNG

LINK: 

inb4 RTGTX112080

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

Probably to stop all the gamers from getting salty after Siggraph :D

Oh and it looks like they made the case everyone wanted ( 0:21 )

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

2 hours ago, Shadow Bullet said:

From the NVIDIA GeForce YouTube Channel, #BeForTheGame. Here we can see NVIDIA hyping up this new consumer release, and at one point during the video we can see a user logon with the username "RayTex" which I assume indicates the new cards will have RayTracing just like the Quadro cards just announced minutes ago. Please note this is different than the Quadro announcement and therefore is not a duplicate thread, as this came out moments ago after the conference ended.

In the description of the video we can see

So it would seem as though all of the rumors were correct about GamesCom on August 20th. New GPU's here we come! 

What do you guys think are you excited to finally see some new GPU's?

EDIT: For the "RayTex" I see now that it says "Roy Tex", however I still believe this is eluding to RayTracing.

It actually says "RayTeX" which is critical I think. I wasn't believing the rumors and was telling other people on forums that they weren't going to use RTX branding, but now I think that may actually be it. They've got clues hidden in the chat names in this video:

RayTeX = RTX, not GTX
Not_11 = they're not numbering it as the 11 series

Mac-20 & Eight Tee = 2080

And in the very last shot of the video, look how the numbers roll up for the date of the conference; two, zero, eight, then zero. All those together and we have the GeForce RTX 2080.

RoyTeX.png

Not_11.png

Mac-20 Eight Tee.png

2080.png

RoyTeX

Quadro RTX

GeForce RTX

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

7 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

RoyTeX

Quadro RTX

GeForce RTX

Yep, I think the teaser video pretty much confirms it!

19 hours ago, Locutus494 said:

It actually says "RayTeX" which is critical I think. I wasn't believing the rumors and was telling other people on forums that they weren't going to use RTX branding, but now I think that may actually be it. They've got clues hidden in the chat names in this video:

RayTeX = RTX, not GTX
Not_11 = they're not numbering it as the 11 series

Mac-20 & Eight Tee = 2080

And in the very last shot of the video, look how the numbers roll up for the date of the conference; two, zero, eight, then zero. All those together and we have the GeForce RTX 2080.

<snipping photos is a very good thing ...>

I was just reading this more in depth, your totally right and the username "Not_11" is just funny, NVIDIA knows that we all know, and they are totally playing wiht us

Edited by SansVarnic

4 hours ago, Shadow Bullet said:

I was just reading this more in depth, your totally right and the username "Not_11" is just funny, NVIDIA knows that we all know, and they are totally playing wiht us

You had to quote all those images? Really?

If this keeps up Beverly hills is going to sue Nvidia for improper use of their post code.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

GeForce RTX 69961337

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

at 0:12 you can see the back plat of the gpu but it say 1080 

is a 1080.PNG

So Jensen Huang lied about the fact that next gen is still far away...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

How far is far? Next week? 5 years? It's a non-definite amount of time.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

7 minutes ago, porina said:

How far is far? Next week? 5 years? It's a non-definite amount of time.

He said "a long time" but they were very likely already in mass production at that point.

I'm sorry but if you are already in mass production and shipping out big amounts of new GPU's it's not going to be "a long time" until they are going to be launched.

We can argue about it for an eternity but that's just my view of it.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

13 hours ago, Locutus494 said:

To me, this all but confirms (Unless Nvidia is trolling) that it's 2080. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 hours ago, samcool55 said:

He said "a long time" but they were very likely already in mass production at that point.

I'm sorry but if you are already in mass production and shipping out big amounts of new GPU's it's not going to be "a long time" until they are going to be launched.

We can argue about it for an eternity but that's just my view of it.

I knew right when he said a long time that it meant little. I had a hunch that he meant not soon as in not July like everyone had said. That being said he didn't really lie as it was longer ways away than everyone was predicting at the time. And with how much speculation and rumors running around it did seem like a long time. I think with how many leaks and information (mostly rumors) coming out about these new gpus it did seem like they were going to be out any day now so to say a long time in that perspective is somewhat accurate. Anyways if someone says something as vague as a long time you should probably think of what they could mean by long time as it may be much different that what you expect. 

2 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

I knew right when he said a long time that it meant little. I had a hunch that he meant not soon as in not July like everyone had said. That being said he didn't really lie as it was longer ways away than everyone was predicting at the time. And with how much speculation and rumors running around it did seem like a long time. I think with how many leaks and information (mostly rumors) coming out about these new gpus it did seem like they were going to be out any day now so to say a long time in that perspective is somewhat accurate. Anyways if someone says something as vague as a long time you should probably think of what they could mean by long time as it may be much different that what you expect. 

Please dont make excuses for him.  He and the company knew exactly what they were doing by purposely misleading people (lying) people into giving up hope of a new card soon so people will continue to buy the 10 series stocks.

5 minutes ago, Underwrought said:

Please dont make excuses for him.  He and the company knew exactly what they were doing by purposely misleading people (lying) people into giving up hope of a new card soon so people will continue to buy the 10 series stocks.

It was a vaguely worded statement for obvious reasons. They were sitting on a pile of Pascal chips due to overproduction. They can't just launch a new product without clearing stock. It would be a perfect example of the Osborne effect. It's also a potential legal problem due to obligations to stockholders and proper channels of information. 

It's not so cut and dry. And everyone following Nvidia closely knew Nvidia was on the brink of a product launch for multiple reasons (usual release cadence, various leaks and blunders, statements made by the company etc). However they still needed to hold up the facade and it was a possibility that they'd postpone the launch further but I guess the machinery was already spinning too fast to stop.

13 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

It was a vaguely worded statement for obvious reasons. They were sitting on a pile of Pascal chips due to overproduction. They can't just launch a new product without clearing stock. It would be a perfect example of the Osborne effect. It's also a potential legal problem due to obligations to stockholders and proper channels of information. 

It's not so cut and dry. And everyone following Nvidia closely knew Nvidia was on the brink of a product launch for multiple reasons (usual release cadence, various leaks and blunders, statements made by the company etc). However they still needed to hold up the facade and it was a possibility that they'd postpone the launch further but I guess the machinery was already spinning too fast to stop.

Welp I guess excuse making for a multi billion dollar company is now the thing to do.  lol.  This is why we can't have nice things at reasonable prices.

2 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

Well you might understood little but he SAID long time so that's what i understood but anyway, as history teaches us, once the rumor mill about new nvidia GPU's start to really get some traction, launch is usually about 3 weeks (linus said that on the forums) and it seems like this time it's not much different. Just look at the PCB leak, about 3 weeks between that one and the date nvidia gives.

Compare that to AMD it's a big difference. Usually they let the hype train go for months. Threadripper 2 for example has been confirmed months ago and they only launched their halo product at this point. It will take another few months until the new line-up is fully launched and available.

Nvidia will launch whatever they will announce instantly and it will all be available right away. No need to wait until the cards will be in stock. I'm 100% sure there are finished cards on their way right now to retailers. It takes a while until the supply chain properly up and running, like months.

Manufacturers need to design the graphics cards, possibly develop some new stuff. Get mass production going (at that point the GPU itself has to be in mass production as well and stockpiled so that's another few weeks added). And then ship the new cards out to distibutors which then need to ship them out to the retailers. That takes time!

38 minutes ago, Underwrought said:

Welp I guess excuse making for a multi billion dollar company is now the thing to do.  lol.  This is why we can't have nice things at reasonable prices.

It's not excuses. This is probably the least offensive thing Nvidia has done over the past five years. 

It's standard practice to do as Nvidia did. And he didn't lie as you claim. He would have been lying if he said there was no product in the pipeline or no product this year. It would have been a blunder if he said Turing is launching in a few months.

I think you're being overly dramatic if anything. So many things to take shots at and this is the one that concerns you the most?

5 hours ago, samcool55 said:

yeah he was Lying i always thought that comment from him was awkward like everyone knew it was at most 6 months out and he sold it as eh maybe 2019 sometime.  All leaks pointed towards now and that was his answer