Phanteks Eclipse P400 Airflow Advice

ClassicalPotato

So I recently ordered a decently high end gaming computer (specs below), and after receiving the Phanteks case, I found out that it only had two fans. I haven't assembled the computer yet but I can already tell that airflow will be a problem.

Now, I'm considering putting two 140mm intake fans on the top, and two extra 120mm intakes on the front. Will this cause problems with the single 120mm exhaust fan? If so, is there any better ways to deal with the airflow problems? Any advice is good advice, and I'm open to pretty much anything short of cutting a hole in the front of the case (Though that probably would help). Thanks in advance!

-Specs-

•Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz

•ASRock - X370 KILLER SLI/ac ATX AM4 Motherboard

•XPG GAMMIX D10 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4

•GeForce GTX 1070 Black Edition

•Corsair CX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified PSU

•Phanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower Case (white)

2 minutes ago, ClassicalPotato said:

-SNIP-

Welcome to the Forums!

I would recommend to balance the intake and exhaust with either two intakes and two exhaust or to go with three intakes two exhaust to promote positive air pressure if you want to help minimize the amount of dust entering the case. That can also be done by varying the RPM of the fans and therefore the intake volume. 

Generally what I do is 2 good 140s (Noctua NF-A14 iPPC or Corsair ML) in the front and a single 120 in the back. I'd do something like https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/876464-modding-noob-making-p400s-front-panel-more-airflowish/ though to get enough air in

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

Lack of fans isn't issue. That case has practically no way for air to get in from front. Only holes are under front panel. The newer generation is so much better with both sides of front panel being mesh.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Lack of fans isn't issue. That case has practically no way for air to get in from front. Only holes are under front panel. The newer generation is so much better with both sides of front panel being mesh.

It does actually also have vents at the top as well (similar to the S340)

14 hours ago, ClassicalPotato said:

Now, I'm considering putting two 140mm intake fans on the top, and two extra 120mm intakes on the front. Will this cause problems with the single 120mm exhaust fan? If so, is there any better ways to deal with the airflow problems? Any advice is good advice, and I'm open to pretty much anything short of cutting a hole in the front of the case (Though that probably would help). Thanks in advance!

I would put two 140's at the front and a single 120mm at the back, and see if the temps are fine (the 1600 should be, the 1070 might be a tad warm) If you're okay with the temps you get, Great! If you're still unhappy with how warm the system runs, Consider an extra exhaust top fan directly above the CPU cooler, or possibly look into Front panel modding (though with a system like that, it's probably not needed) The Blue Build in my signature uses an S340 (functionally identical case) with 4 fans and runs relatively cool (nothing above 70ºc)

20170521_204853.jpg

20170521_204958.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

7 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

It does actually also have vents at the top as well (similar to the S340)

I would put two 140's at the front and a single 120mm at the back, and see if the temps are fine (the 1600 should be, the 1070 might be a tad warm) If you're okay with the temps you get, Great! If you're still unhappy with how warm the system runs, Consider an extra exhaust top fan directly above the CPU cooler, or possibly look into Front panel modding (though with a system like that, it's probably not needed) The Blue Build in my signature uses an S340 (functionally identical case) with 4 fans and runs relatively cool (nothing above 70ºc)

20170521_204853.jpg

20170521_204958.jpg

I've actually decided to do exactly that. I've ordered 2 140s for the front, and I'm going to move the stock front fan to the top for extra exhaust.

14 hours ago, ClassicalPotato said:

I've actually decided to do exactly that. I've ordered 2 140s for the front, and I'm going to move the stock front fan to the top for extra exhaust.

There should already be two fans in the rear and top exhaust ;) They dont put the second fan in the front. Same with the H500

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25