Gaming Build Help

Shamusbeaton

So I’m looking to build a pc on a budget, with help of YouTube and a more educated friend, I’ve picked out my parts but I have a few extra questions. One being, will I have good enough supplies to run fortnite, PUBG and some other games on respectable frames and quality? If so and if possible, can you identify the stats? Question two is, will 2gb of VRAM be enough for what my needs and what I want for fortnite and PUBG? How many gb’s will I need? Question three, what can I do to make this better, without spending much more money? What do I need/ do I need a separate cooler?

Thanks so much, sorry if this wasn’t very clear...

PS, besides this I have other builds with slightly different parts at different prices if you would like to see. ALL OF THE CURRENCY IS CANADIAN AS I AM 

54ED5409-F5AE-4FD2-86AD-E6536901A7BC.thumb.png.3dc7ebf81db805b87ac987c240b1756c.pngEBE5A47F-BEEB-417E-A076-C3929840F384.thumb.png.a34b08554f30ea6b47f6b3fa6ab15d0f.pngDAA4AE2A-5D32-4427-81EA-8E7D367FB281.thumb.png.1f8523b9ef087feb58c4c26d18f09089.png0DD80023-6B65-48C4-B900-9FBCBB8BD3F6.thumb.png.864f7dc8e7b658cd130a7cb125a292fb.png

Well the first thing that stands out is B250 is NOT compatible with 8000 series chips. You'll need a B360 or H310 board

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

JUST ONE HINT, NEVER WRITE IN ALL CAPS, THERE IS A PLETHORA OF OTHER WAYS YOU CAN GET ATTENTION TO A SENTENCE.

Building on an old system might be worth it depending on the parts and I can't provide any stats for the current listed system but 1050 should run most games at medium to low settings, not sure about PUBG because of how badly it is optimised but the devs say they are in the process of fixing it so it's possible.

List old specs first, please.

And if you are going cheap Ryzen is the way to go in terms of processors, better performance, and bang for your buck.

Ryzen also comes with a cooler and I don't think Intel's CPU comes with one.

1 minute ago, D3addr0p said:

Ryzen also comes with a cooler and I don't think Intel's CPU comes with one.

All non -K series come with a cooler

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

APU build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($209.25 @ shopRBC)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($89.00 @ Vuugo)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2800 Memory  ($103.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: Team - L5 LITE 3D 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($62.98 @ Amazon Canada)
Case: Rosewill - FBM-X1 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($29.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Monitor: AOC - E2260SWDN 21.5" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor  ($115.99 @ PC-Canada)
Total: $671.19
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-08-13 18:08 EDT-0400

AMD + GPU Build:

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($124.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-AB350M-DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($75.05 @ Vuugo)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2800 Memory  ($103.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: Team - L5 LITE 3D 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($62.98 @ Amazon Canada)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card  ($218.50 @ Vuugo)
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Total: $791.48
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-08-13 18:09 EDT-0400

Intel + GPU Build:

CPU: Intel - Core i3-8100 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($145.99 @ Mike's Computer Shop)
Motherboard: ASRock - B360M-HDV Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($70.50 @ Vuugo)
Total: $807.93
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-08-13 18:10 EDT-0400

CPU: Intel - Core i3-8100 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($145.99 @ Mike's Computer Shop)
Motherboard: ASRock - B360M-HDV Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($70.50 @ Vuugo)
Memory: G.Skill - NT Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($95.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $799.93
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-08-13 18:11 EDT-0400

Edit:

Some parts can probably be cut down, just tossed a few together quickly.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Yeah feel free to suggest parts, I know jack all about PC’s. I also don’t know what is compatible with what...

1050TI is a much better bet for a bit more and saving money on RAM by going to 2800+ will definitely save some money which you can spend on other parts :D

Yeah feel free to suggest parts, I know jack all about PC’s. I also don’t know what is compatible with what... also if you have a complete build that will run games well please give me a link or something

The second build will probably net you the best bang for the buck in terms of performance but if you want to start with the APU and then save up for a better GPU you could do that and still get decent framerates on 1080p

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

The second build will probably net you the best bang for the buck in terms of performance but if you want to start with the APU and then save up for a better GPU you could do that and still get decent framerates on 1080p

First one looks better to me?

1 minute ago, D3addr0p said:

First one looks better to me?

I think the second one would do better in terms of raw FPS to start with but yah, first is probably better if OP is okay with maybe turning down some settings at first and saving up for like a 2060 or something later on.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Well if the first one is better besides the apu , what could I do to enhance it

4 minutes ago, Shamusbeaton said:

Yeah feel free to suggest parts, I know jack all about PC’s. I also don’t know what is compatible with what... also if you have a complete build that will run games well please give me a link or something

I would be able to give you links to many systems you can build on PC parts picker or a pre-built if you prefer. What games are you planning to run on the machine and what settings do you want your games to run at while using your new system?

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

Fortnite probably #1 and from what I hear I think I’d rather build one?? you tell me.

1 minute ago, Shamusbeaton said:

Well if the first one is better besides the apu , what could I do to enhance it

Like Lurick said just save up for a Graphics card while that current system could still play some titles, Ryzen APU is actually quite good, not graphics card level but close. At 1080P :D

and with the GPU added in later like a GTX 2060, you could play anything you want at 1080p

What's your budget?

this is a mid end build including monitor and peripherals

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/pfYRYT

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

1 minute ago, Shamusbeaton said:

what I hear I think I’d rather build one?? you tell me.

I would definitely suggest looking for used hardware which would improve the price to performance of your system. What I would do would be get a used system as a platform and make upgrades to it which would be necessary (RAM, CPU, GPU, hard drive, etc). I would look around sites like Craigslist and eBay to see what deals are being offered for used or refurbished hardware as that tends to give better value to the system compared to purchasing new or building a computer with completely new components. Also, @Lurick you have not included an OS in any of the PC parts picker computer lists which you have posted. An OS could cost around 119 USD (for windows 10 Home edition) or more usually and that would be something to consider if you build the system yourself.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

Just now, Boomwebsearch said:

I would definitely suggest looking for used hardware which would improve the price to performance of your system. What I would do would be get a used system as a platform and make upgrades to it which would be necessary (RAM, CPU, GPU, hard drive, etc). I would look around sites like Craigslist and eBay to see what deals are being offered for used or refurbished hardware as that tends to give better value to the system compared to purchasing new or building a computer with completely new components. Also, @Lurick you have not included an OS in any of the PC parts picker computer lists which you have posted. An OS could cost around 119 USD (for windows 10 Home edition) or more usually and that would be something to consider if you build the system yourself.

SCDKEY is a website you can get it for around 20 dollars or be a pirate :D