Have you guys heard of Bytecoin?

Btyecoin is the first coin to use CryptoNote and is completely anonymous.

Monero and AEON are forks of Bytecoin

You can read more here: https://bytecoin.org/

I invested in this coin @ 0.0023 (sadly its @ 0.0017 now)

Have you guys invested / own any BCN?

What do you guys think of BCNw

1 hour ago, JCBiggs said:

volatile = profits

Um, no.

If a Crypto was volatile, and you bought in at like 0.2 USD, and then it dropped to like 0.05 USD, that wouldn't make you profit.

Volatile definitely does not equal profits. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

Just now, bellabichon said:

Um, no.

If a Crypto was volatile, and you bought in at like 0.2 USD, and then it dropped to like 0.05 USD, that wouldn't make you profit.

um, no. 

go ask any forex trader how much they like volatility and then get back with me.  when its swinging, you can make money. 

4 minutes ago, JCBiggs said:

volatile = profits

Lol what?

I really hope you're kidding. That is absolutely not correct and if something is volatile, a sane person would not touch it at all

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 minute ago, Arika S said:

Lol what?

I really hope you're kidding. That is absolutely not correct and if something is volatile, a sane person would not touch it at all

it absolutely IS correct.    if you have ANY clue how to short sell, you have 0 problem with volatility.   Its called a stop loss.. 

educate a little bit.  you dont need to fear market swings.  even if your down, wait a bit and youll be back in the black. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-01/why-traders-love-volatility-except-when-it-bites-back-quicktake

you can google a dozen other articles like that one. 

2 minutes ago, JCBiggs said:

it absolutely IS correct.    if you have ANY clue how to short sell, you have 0 problem with volatility.   Its called a stop loss.. 

It's called gambling. I aliken it to a slot machine, you're dragged in with the promise of big wins, you dump a whole lot of money into it, losing and losing until you make something back that is not enough to cover your losses.

But now you have it in your mind that "I just won, I made money" without taking into account what you lost. Sure there is the slimmest chance of winning big, but your chances of actually winning are less than finding a random old guy and helping them across the street, and to thank you he gives you $500,000.

But just like gambling, people will only ever tell you about their wins. Not their losses

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

10 minutes ago, JCBiggs said:

um, no. 

go ask any forex trader how much they like volatility and then get back with me.  when its swinging, you can make money. 

You should probably go take a macro & micro economics class

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

5 minutes ago, Arika S said:

It's called gambling. I aliken it to a slot machine, you're dragged in with the promise of big wins, you dump a whole lot of money into it, losing and losing until you make something back that is not enough to cover your losses.

But now you have it in your mind that "I just won, I made money" without taking into account what you lost. Sure there is the slimmest chance of winning big, but your chances of actually winning are less than finding a random old guy and helping them across the street, and to thank you he gives you $500,000.

But just like gambling, people will only ever tell you about their wins. Not their losses

I dont lose, because If I get down, I wait until it recovers.  I got bit once with EUR/USD, and I ended up having to hold a margin position for almost 3 weeks,  After that, not only did I have to make back what I lost, but I also have to cover the $6,000 interest charge for the margin itself.   but I still cam out ahead using a trailing stop.  I was actually on vacation when it cashed me out at a profit.    you only lose if youre not willing to play.  the difference between the markets and a security, is that the security has news media and facts around it. its not totatlly random.  all those people that lost money on bitcoin, hopefully kept it, and in a few years they will probably make their money back. 

its even easier with crpyto, sell on the high day, buy on the low day.  who cares how many days it takes? 

3 minutes ago, Ilyvert said:

it's not an ad, couldn't find crypto section

I posted about bytecoin a year or so ago. I mined about 30K coins and called it a day after that.  alot of people think its a scam coin but the new dev team is doing a good job.  I dont like XMR because of the shit one of their devs talked about BCN.  It was alot of they did they, they stole that, missing coins blah blah.. but they never ONCE pulled out the block chain and said "hey look, its right here"  In other words, they were just pumping their own coin.  I dont buy into that shit. 

3 minutes ago, JCBiggs said:

I posted about bytecoin a year or so ago. I mined about 30K coins and called it a day after that.  alot of people think its a scam coin but the new dev team is doing a good job.  I dont like XMR because of the shit one of their devs talked about BCN.  It was alot of they did they, they stole that, missing coins blah blah.. but they never ONCE pulled out the block chain and said "hey look, its right here"  In other words, they were just pumping their own coin.  I dont buy into that shit. 

geez 30k is alot.

I'm pretty active on the reddit and there's a hardfork / update coming August 31rd, they're also gonna improve on their marketing.

2 minutes ago, Ilyvert said:

geez 30k is alot.

I'm pretty active on the reddit and there's a hardfork / update coming August 31rd, they're also gonna improve on their marketing.

yeah Im aware. I was actually late at work tonight trying to get together all my old wallets so I can get ready for the fork. 

18 hours ago, Arika S said:

<removed>

I also despise cryptocurrency with a passion

Why do you despise crypto?

18 hours ago, Ilyvert said:

Have you guys heard of Bytecoin?

Btyecoin is the first coin to use CryptoNote and is completely anonymous.

Monero and AEON are forks of Bytecoin

You can read more here: https://bytecoin.org/

I invested in this coin @ 0.0023 (sadly its @ 0.0017 now)

Have you guys invested / own any BCN?

What do you guys think of BCNw

Is this coin new? Hasn't it been out? I don't see anything it offers that makes it more sensible then something like already established Monero.

18 hours ago, bellabichon said:

This should be in a Cryptocurrency thread, not in General Discussion. Also, this looks suspiciously like an ad. Why would i'd invest money in an imaginary currency, that has absolutely no reason to make me money?

We don't have any crytocurrency threads, just one specific for mining coins and its mixed in with Folding@home and BoinC. I asked for one and was told its not happening.

18 hours ago, bellabichon said:

Um, no.

Volatility is what most investors want. Thats where you make big money, quick. For everyone who wins though, others lose. If you know what you're doing, volatility certainly means profits. But with any investment, winning is not guaranteed.

Edited by SansVarnic

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

5 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

Why do you despise crypto?

Is this coin new? Hasn't it been out? I don't see anything it offers that makes it more sensible then something like already established Monero.

We don't have any crytocurrency threads, just one specific for mining coins and its mixed in with Folding@home and BoinC. I asked for one and was told its not happening.

Volatility is what most investors want. Thats where you make big money, quick. For everyone who wins though, others lose. If you know what you're doing, volatility certainly means profits. But with any investment, winning is not guaranteed.

"Already established"

Monero is a fork, it came way after Bytecoin and is also worse

34 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Lol what?

Unless you wanted to take some risk and make a ton of money. Which is a LOT of investors/stock traders.

25 minutes ago, Slottr said:

You should probably go take a macro & micro economics class

I took AP micro. I've invested in crypto, traded it, sold it, made money, lost money, ect. I've watched the markets, crypto and stocks. Volatility and swinging markets can make you a lot of money if you know what you're doing. Did you take some of those classes? This is a pretty easy concept of trading and making money. Entire day trading methods exists solely off the fact that a stock or crypto is volatile.

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

5 minutes ago, JCBiggs said:

yeah Im aware. I was actually late at work tonight trying to get together all my old wallets so I can get ready for the fork. 

It's annoying they make you download the entire blockchain. Happily they got the remote node

12 minutes ago, Nicnac said:

tenor.gif?itemid=11287942

Bytecoin isn't an exchange/selling site. It's a coin, it's also established and pretty old. It's just kind of under-the-radar.

1 minute ago, Ilyvert said:

"Already established"

Monero is a fork, it came way after Monero and is also worse

Think there is a typo there but i get it. Monero is worse than bytecoin? The first coin of a certain Alg is usually not the best, others take upon the first and build upon it. 3 mil a day is traded in bytecoin. 24 mil a day in Monero. Those numbers speak for themselves.

1 minute ago, suchamoneypit said:

Think there is a typo there but i get it. Monero is worse than bytecoin? The first coin of a certain Alg is usually not the best, others take upon the first and build upon it. 3 mil a day is traded in bytecoin. 24 mil a day in Monero. Those numbers speak for themselves.

Yes, i've edited it.

Monero was marketed better and that's why it's bigger. Many Monero users don't know about Bytecoin, Bytecoin will start marketing too and hopefully get the recognition it deserves.

1 minute ago, JCBiggs said:

you know.. its .001 cents... buy 10 bucks worth and you have a few thousand coins.  if it blows up then you have done excellent, if it doesnt, oh well.. its 10 bucks. 

That's what I thought.

As a (lazy) 16 year old in the EU you can't really do alot other than basic jobs (shelf stocker, mcdonalds) and afaik you're not allowed to trade stocks so crypto is a good investing way.