Advice on using a server

So a while back I was able to get my hands on a "relatively" new server from someone who bought it from a business that was downsizing. Originally I just wanted something to run Plex but this server is waaaaay overkill for that function and I am trying to find other things to do with the server. The server is a IBM x3755 m3 with 4x Opteron 6276 (16 core), 256 GB DDR3, 2x 450 GB SAS disks, and 6 open drive slots. It also has 2 dual port fibre PCI cards (which I see no use in for home function). So essentially I have all this horse power and not a lot I can think to do with it. Just wondering if anyone has any good ideas on what to do with something like this?

2 minutes ago, Wiggles_the_worried_Clown said:

So a while back I was able to get my hands on a "relatively" new server from someone who bought it from a business that was downsizing. Originally I just wanted something to run Plex but this server is waaaaay overkill for that function and I am trying to find other things to do with the server. The server is a IBM x3755 m3 with 4x Opteron 6276 (16 core), 256 GB DDR3, 2x 450 GB SAS disks, and 6 open drive slots. It also has 2 dual port fibre PCI cards (which I see no use in for home function). So essentially I have all this horse power and not a lot I can think to do with it. Just wondering if anyone has any good ideas on what to do with something like this?

Honestly, stick it on eBay and make a profit. Running that thing at home will cost a stupid amount of money and as you say, there's really not much you can do with it anyway.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

RAM should fetch a good price, SAS disks probably not a whole lot, dont know about the opteron's though

+1 for selling it, the RAM alone should net you a few hundred bucks.

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C