I want RDR2 & i want it now

Derrk

I'm optimistic that rockstar will release RDR2 for PC, but wait for next gen consoles to come out like they did with GTA V. There haven't been enough immersive AAA games lately, and waiting another full year for RDR2 sounds painful. I keep telling myself i won't crack & go out and buy a PS4, but we'll see. the first game was one of my favorite titles of all time.

Anyone know anything more about this?

No one really knows anything more than Rockstar Games itself. But I doubt that they will wait until the Next Gen Consoles come out for a release.

Rockstar Games always release the PC version later (GTA SA, GTA V, ...) because console gamers are more likely to spend more cash for games than PC gamers. This is called price skimming marketing strategy. PC release will be more likely in Spring/Summer 2019.

P.S. They will release it for PC without a doubt. GTA V is still alice after all these years because of the Online mode. And Rockstar Games officially said that Read Dead Redemption 2 will have a even larger Online Mode than GTA V. Why should they put more work into it and generate less money?

I'm sure theyll do something along the lines of what they did for GTA 5 and release the PC version far in the future.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Yeah i figured as much. I'm just impatient/hoping someone had some good news for me

I'm so dyslexic I thought that said R2D2 and I'm like "Why do want that droid so bad, what are you the Emperor?"

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, TVwazhere said:

I'm so dyslexic I thought that said R2D2 and I'm like "Why do want that droid so bad, what are you the Emperor?"

You're not alone lmao

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, TVwazhere said:

I'm a Star Wars nerd so I also instantly saw R2D2 and was like "say what?" 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

I'm a Star Wars nerd

image.png.aa90b7cd60f32ca75ab5a3f5b4174d9e.png

:o No way, you? I would have never guessed!

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

24 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I read DDR2 lol

Rockstar wants you to double- or triple-dip. release it on current-gen consoles, remaster it for next-gen, then release on PC

I remember buying the console version of GTA V and practically waited since trailer day, bare in mind that was from 2011. Speed up to 2013 September, I'm sitting there playing a game in 30 frames with a massive amount of jaggy lines, and it ruined the experience for me. RDR2 will be the same console experience, but a much better game, imho gta v was a trash installment to the line. GTA SA was a much enjoyable experience, even on console. But yeah we'll be waiting atleast half a year and thats the minimum. From what I remember, GTA V released on the PS3 and 360 September 2013, and then 1 year later it got released on the PS4 and XBOX ONE in November of 2014. I'm pretty sure that the PC release date was supposed to be late 2014 as well, but it got delayed until April 2015. 

So you're better of just getting a PS4 imo. My 2 cents.

Sennheiser HD600 Logitech G304 White Anne Pro 2 LG27UL500

Ryzen 5 3600 + MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC in Fractal Design Nano S

I waited for GTA V I can wait for RDR2 ^^

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s