GTA San Andreas Multiplayer - FPS drops on 750ti?

ukLz

Hi.

OK. My whole story goes like this:

It's been exactly 2 years since I bought my pre-built PC. Specs:
EGFhOiA.png

Physical look of a computer:
ww2yo7f.jpg
NvHIYZJ.jpg
g2X8NG5.jpg
cxS7CMZ.jpg

I know that some of you have already noticed that crappy chinese, low-quality PSU. But, does it even change anything? Can PSU affect my FPS overall?

As you can see, my PC is being perfectly capable to run this game without ANY POSSIBLE issues, right?

Okay, but what's the actual problem, you might ask?  Check this video out:

As well as this one:

Yeah, I know, I do have bunch of mods, but none of them is such a nature which may cause FPS drops or such unexplainable lag in 12-year old game such as San Andreas is....  

After all the sudden, what's the actual problem? Does anybody know?

I would also like to mention that I regularly clean my PC from inside from dust. I also keep my computer software clean - never had any virus issue.  Some people claim maybe it's due to my Hard Drive?  I do not have SSD yet installed in my PC. Though I plan to do so very soon.  I got many programs running in the background such as:  Steam, Discord, Fraps, Deezer, etc...  

Thanks in advance.

9 minutes ago, SnowWolf370 said:

Does GTA SA Singleplayer "stutter"? Because SA-MP often stutters because of populated serves and other rendering issues, hrmm. I assume you have frame limiter turned off? It could be a hard drive issue... Yeah, but in games like Grand Theft Auto, with a slow drive you'd have slow loading textures and "stuttering" when driving. Especially at high speeds, but not FPS drops.

Hmm, that's a good question!  I've never tried testing it in singleplayer aswell.  Ok, give me 15minutes to record & upload. I'm curious to see the results.

A friend of mine, he got i7-4770, 8gb of ram, and same gpu as mine. ZOTAC 750Ti  2GB.Well not completely the same, the manufacturer is different, but still same gpu, yeah? However, he NEVER had experienced anything similar to this. Never.   Although we play the same server, same style, same everything... His gameplay is something most fluent I have ever seen in GTA:SA  xD

15 minutes ago, ukLz said:

Hmm, that's a good question!  I've never tried testing it in singleplayer aswell.  Ok, give me 15minutes to record & upload. I'm curious to see the results.

A friend of mine, he got i7-4770, 8gb of ram, and same gpu as mine. ZOTAC 750Ti  2GB.Well not completely the same, the manufacturer is different, but still same gpu, yeah? However, he NEVER had experienced anything similar to this. Never.   Although we play the same server, same style, same everything... His gameplay is something most fluent I have ever seen in GTA:SA  xD

28 minutes ago, SnowWolf370 said:

Does GTA SA Singleplayer "stutter"? Because SA-MP often stutters because of populated serves and other rendering issues, hrmm. I assume you have frame limiter turned off? It could be a hard drive issue... Yeah, but in games like Grand Theft Auto, with a slow drive you'd have slow loading textures and "stuttering" when driving. Especially at high speeds, but not FPS drops.

There it is.   I had constant Framerate between 77-100   Though I noticed that i could not move my mouse AT ALL. Idk why. As well as I couldn't set resolution ingame on my native one  -  1920x1080  .  Max was x1050ž

Nevermind, that doesn't matter, but looks like fps in singleplayer is pretty much as expected.  It's stable.

EDIT: Recorded with ShadowPlay. Raw video clip, no edits.  

9 minutes ago, SnowWolf370 said:

Hah, yeah the mouse is kind of weird. You need to enter and exit the menu a lot of times for it to work.

Hrmm.. And yes, the 750 Ti is the "pretty" much the same regardless of brand, there might be a bit different clock speeds and cooling solutions, but nothing that is really groundbreaking for performance.

I'm not sure on what to suggest since it works so great in Singleplayer. You had plans to get a SSD? Or was that just a "if it works" plan.

I want to say that your HDD might be creating stuttering when streaming custom map objects and what-not on SA-MP.. But I'm not sure. So I don't want you to go out blowing your money on a SSD when it MIGHT fix it, then again not. Hrmm..

I already ordered one.   Kingston UV400 120GB

I know, I knooow... I should not have bought the 120gb version. Everyone says to try to avoid 120 vers as much as possible. I wish I could afford 240gb one, but unfortunately my budget is really limited right now.   It will arrive in this Tuesday, but I doubt it will help. Because...  If my friend,  (not just him, but everybody else in this world who still play this game and have got decent PC as me or my friend, everyone have smooth performance, whatsoever) uses Windows 7 like, we play same and everything... What could REALLY cause such annoying stutters?   PSU? Hard Drive? Or even GPU?  At first I was blaming my GPU the most since I experience some really really disappointing performance with this GPU.  I think it's a huge bottleneck for my cpu.   It always performed double worse than expected.  Example:  I saw people playing BF Hardline on High, x900 res. I downloaded the game, put same graphic settings like in the video, my fps was double worse  -  30fps with massive drops.  While guy on youtube had fluent 60fps without drops, whatsoever.

This is just one little example. Let's say Fortnite... I play it on Medium settings on 1080p,  I have barely 55 fps with DROPS/STUTTERS as I approach different sides of map  OR  when I get killed, my screen gets frozen for a second.   It is very very annoying, almost unplayable. Though I have "decent PC" as many say so, I don't think so due to severe fps issues. It's, as I've said, barely bearable.

2 hours ago, SnowWolf370 said:

I assume getting a SSD will fix your problems with stuttering.

Your CPU and GPU is a very good combo actually, don't worry about those.

In my mind the 750 Ti has always been the biggest bang for your buck card out there.

Perhaps... Let's hope

But wait.. I will be there only running Windows and few most used programs such as  Chrome/Opera , Steam , Discord , Fraps , Photoshop , Deezer , Skype ...   cuz I won't really have enough space for anything bigger than San Andreas, let's say.    [single games up to 12gb]

3 hours ago, SnowWolf370 said:

I assume getting a SSD will fix your problems with stuttering.

Your CPU and GPU is a very good combo actually, don't worry about those.

In my mind the 750 Ti has always been the biggest bang for your buck card out there.

Oh I managed to find a gameplay video I recorded while he was broadcasting me live from Discord how he plays...   As you can see at top-right corner, his FPS is constant all the time. No massive drops, no stutters, whatsoever.   He told me "if you wonder why fps is not 100 as it usually is, it's because I'm streaming and it's a little stressful for my i7. as well as for my internet which is about to crack any second"  

But basically, it's important that he got 0 drops or issues during the gameplay.... though we have the same gpu. Same amout of ram. but he got slightly better cpu. But nevertheless, my PC is supposed to run this game smoothly even with some high end ENB graphic mods  :P   

(the stream was record by nvidia's shadowplay)

P.S.   I will post here as soon as I find another video from another friend of mine who has  i5-3750 & GTX 750    [not Ti]

5 hours ago, ukLz said:

Oh I managed to find a gameplay video I recorded while he was broadcasting me live from Discord how he plays...   As you can see at top-right corner, his FPS is constant all the time. No massive drops, no stutters, whatsoever.   He told me "if you wonder why fps is not 100 as it usually is, it's because I'm streaming and it's a little stressful for my i7. as well as for my internet which is about to crack any second"  

But basically, it's important that he got 0 drops or issues during the gameplay.... though we have the same gpu. Same amout of ram. but he got slightly better cpu. But nevertheless, my PC is supposed to run this game smoothly even with some high end ENB graphic mods  :P   

(the stream was record by nvidia's shadowplay)

P.S.   I will post here as soon as I find another video from another friend of mine who has  i5-3750 & GTX 750    [not Ti]

This is him. Another guy who got GTX750
You can also see he's loaded with bunch of heavy ENB mods.  Still, no stutters.  

1 hour ago, SnowWolf370 said:

That's why getting a SSD might help!

It arrived!

RDgehL4.jpg

Still haven't tested it yet.. I'm about to reinstall Windows tomorrow on this SSD, I will post here results as soon as I install everything :)

P.S.  lol  it juts out since there's literally no space left inside.. a huge mess of cables cuz my case is too small for this  :DxD

jYlto3s.jpg