Which better? iPhone 7 Plus (32GB) vs OnePlus 6 (128GB)

Go to solution Solved by Morgan MLGman,
21 minutes ago, xyoz said:

Siri doesn't have Polish language. No application - Apple News. 

Oh, though is that really a problem if you said you're moving to UK anyways? Why would you need Polish language over there? :P Samsung Bixby doesn't support Polish as well.

In all seriousness, go for the OnePlus 6. I use a Samsung Galaxy S9 but my buddy has recently bought the OnePlus 6 and it's quite good. Not as good as the S9 in terms of screen, camera etc. but it's very, very close for lower price. The drawbacks are: no wireless charging, a screen notch (arguably), I don't think there are any earphones bundled in the package but in general it should be a great phone. I wouldn't buy the iPhone 7 now when it's not a brand-new model because Apple might introduce features/updates that will not be available on the iPhone 7. Also, you get more storage and an almost stock Android which is quite a "plus" with the newer phone ^_^ Get it?

Hi everyone, 

I can't dedice, what to choose: OnePlus 6 8GB/128GB or iPhone 7 Plus (32GB). I will have a Macbook Pro in about two months. So choosing an iPhone would have the whole ecosystem. 

What would you choose? 

The phone will be used for: 

- Browsing the internet

- Spotify

- Photos on Instagram 

- Sometime games 

Just now, xyoz said:

Hi everyone, 

I can't dedice, what to choose: OnePlus 6 8GB/128GB or iPhone 7 Plus (32GB). I will have a Macbook Pro in about two months. So choosing an iPhone would have the whole ecosystem. 

What would you choose? 

The phone will be used for: 

- Browsing the internet

- Spotify

- Photos on Instagram 

- Sometime games 

For those use cases, OnePlus 6 is better. You get more games, and the rest of the things you can do with both.

I personally think chrome on android is faster too.

You say choosing an iPhone would make you have the whole ecosystem, but you don't use any/much of the apple features I guess. Since you use spotify.

Oneplus 6. For what it is its just a whole lot better phone for the money. Oneplusnis also supporting their phones really well

14 minutes ago, timl132 said:

You say choosing an iPhone would make you have the whole ecosystem, but you don't use any/much of the apple features I guess. Since you use spotify.

Many of Apple's features are blocked in my current country (PL). But in about two or three months I'm moving to the UK.

Just now, xyoz said:

Many of Apple's features are blocked in my current country (PL). But in about two or three months I'm moving to the UK.

What features? I'm from Poland and even Apple Pay works here now.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

1 minute ago, Morgan MLGman said:

What features? I'm from Poland and even Apple Pay works here now.

Having been subscribed to Louis Rossman for more than half a year now - I'd instantly choose the OnePlus. Hell, I'd even pay for not having to own any Apple product.

I personally prefer android because
- I just can drag & drop my files (music, pictures, movies,...) without having to go trough some crappy iTunes platform.
- The Gameboy Emulator and the GBA files are easily accessible and FREE on Android.
- Most Android phones allow for SD cards to be put in.
- No toxic anti-consumer policies

- actual customer support with right-to-repair

So yeah, OnePlus all the way.

Iphone is only for non-techies (which is okay) and/or people (especially teens) obsessed with status symbol.
There is absolutely no good reason for someone with at least a minimal expertise about tech to own any apple product.

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !

21 minutes ago, xyoz said:

Oh, though is that really a problem if you said you're moving to UK anyways? Why would you need Polish language over there? :P Samsung Bixby doesn't support Polish as well.

In all seriousness, go for the OnePlus 6. I use a Samsung Galaxy S9 but my buddy has recently bought the OnePlus 6 and it's quite good. Not as good as the S9 in terms of screen, camera etc. but it's very, very close for lower price. The drawbacks are: no wireless charging, a screen notch (arguably), I don't think there are any earphones bundled in the package but in general it should be a great phone. I wouldn't buy the iPhone 7 now when it's not a brand-new model because Apple might introduce features/updates that will not be available on the iPhone 7. Also, you get more storage and an almost stock Android which is quite a "plus" with the newer phone ^_^ Get it?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

12 minutes ago, Beer_Nontitju said:

No toxic anti-consumer policies

What exactly is going on?

------

I exchange the phone every two years. I watch many Youtubers, after their reviews it seems that OP is a really fast and good phone.
As far as I know, MKBHD chose it as his main phone. 

2 hours ago, xyoz said:

What exactly is going on?

------

I exchange the phone every two years. I watch many Youtubers, after their reviews it seems that OP is a really fast and good phone.
As far as I know, MKBHD chose it as his main phone. 

MKBHD, iJustine, Austin Evans etc. are only entry references to the tech world and a bit of Applefanboys/girls. I do respect them, don't get me wrong.

Anti-consumer policies: 
1. Basically always releasing their product with an inherent flaw. Anyway here's how the cycle goes, every single time: 
- Apple releases product with inherent flaw
- People complain about said flaw
- Apple denies the existence of said flaw and brushes the complains away
- A class-action law-suit is made against Apple because of said faulty design
- 4 years after, the case settles and Apple accepts to release a warranty (that repairs the faulty design for free, or at a reduced cost)
- That warranty will repair all phone purchases 3 years prior to the case's settlement; So people who bought the product on release don't get a right to get it repaired.
- Since everyone had already forgotten about the design flaw, Apple does not learn.
- Because Apple doesn't learn and people keep buying their crap, they keep releasing their products with the same flaws as 4 years ago.

That's how it happened for the Iphone 4 losing reception "when holding it wrong", Iphone 6 & 7 Bendgate, the faulty butterfly keyboard on the Macbooks and many many many other previous products and for many products to come, I bet.

2. Their absolutely toxic relationship with the AASPs ("Apple Authorized Service Provider") based on the culture of fear.
- AASPs are shops that are officially affiliated with Apple that sell & service Apple products
- Those AASPs pay horrendous amount of money to get the certifications, to get the "training" and the machinery (e.g Horizon Machine) to service Apple products officially.
- They are extremely restricted in what they can do for you

Example of screen repairs:
If your screen is broken and you want to get it repaired in an AASP, it will take several days for them to replace it. Most people can't do without a phone for several days. By contrast, a 3rd party repair-shop like the Rossman Group or iDoctor (in my region) will replace your screen in 30mins to 2hours.
- Why is that? Because AASPs are not allowed to own spare Iphone screens. Apple wants them to send in your broken screen first, then when Evilcorp - sorry, I mean Apple gets the screen; only then will they send a new Apple Phone screen - ONLY THEN can the AASP start working on your phone. That's why it takes so long
- If the AASPs do not comply to such dumb, restrictive and inefficient rules - they risk to get all their certifications (for which they worked so hard and paid so much) revoked by Apple and they'll be basically out of business (if they don't manage to convert to a 3rd party repair shop)

3. Lobbying/Corrupting the Government in order to prevent the better service by the competition
- Who is the competition? 3rd Party repair shops that don't need to comply to the stupid Evilcorp/Apple rules
- Why do they do that? Apple does not want any parts/components of their product on the market, they wanna have control over all the circulating spare parts in order to monopolize the "Customer (not really-) Service" so they can charge you too much for a repair and thereby encourage you to buy new stuff. Which has huge environmental repercussions, but that's another discussion...
- How do they do it? For example; they corrupted the US customs into seizing incoming packages from China containing refurbished Apple Screen phones that were ordered by a 3rd Party repair shop. OR they just try to sue every 3rd Party repair-shop for "copyright infringement" which doesn't make any sense since the 3rd Party shops aren't infringing anything. They just use refurbished authentic Apple screens (so no fake screens with an Apple logo on it) on which they do not claim to be the creator off (didn't put their brand on a product that isn't their's, and why would they? People want genuine Apple screens)

There is just so much wrong with this company but somehow they still manage to convince the innocent consumer, that they're the best and that's why they're so expensive.
Reality is: It's a bad company, with bad overpriced products for which they do not or poorly provide any service at all. 

Conclusion: Buy the OnePlus, don't touch Apple.

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !

I bought OnePlus 6 8GB/128GB Midnight Black. Ordered at 18:00, 13 August. We'll see how quickly it will come.

Thank you all for help.