4G LTE Module

What does 4G LTE Module do on a laptop?

I am trying to custom build laptop it have  the option to add Huawei ME936 4G Module

1. So what is it?

2. Are there any better than this module? better speed and config

3. Will there still be a spot for Killer 1550 + BT 5.0?

It's used for internet access. Just like having it on your phone.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Basically its a M.2 or miniPCI-E card that, attached to appropriate antennas in the laptop, allows your computer to get onto 4G (and perhaps even 3G) networks.  You will need a SIM card from an appropriate carrier.

I personally use the Sierra Wireless modules, rather than Huawei.  Don't know if there's any differences in performance.  

The best modules implement LTE-DC, for potentially 200mbit/sec bandwidth on a supported network. 

The WWAN cards are installed in a separate slot, so there's still space for a WLAN board such as the Killer that you describe.

1 minute ago, Mark77 said:

Basically its a M.2 or miniPCI-E card that, attached to appropriate antennas in the laptop, allows your computer to get onto 4G (and perhaps even 3G) networks.  You will need a SIM card from an appropriate carrier.

I personally use the Sierra Wireless modules, rather than Huawei.  Don't know if there's any differences in performance.  

The best modules implement LTE-DC, for potentially 200mbit/sec bandwidth on a supported network. 

The WWAN cards are installed in a separate slot, so there's still space for a WLAN board such as the Killer that you describe.

So do we need a carrier for that? SIM CARD?

3 minutes ago, RedShank said:

So do we need a carrier for that? SIM CARD?

Of course, just like any other 4G device that you want to connect to a network.  

Just now, Mark77 said:

Of course, just like any other 4G device that you want to connect to a network.  

Will there be any slot left for WIFI Module?

And a silly question, do we have to put the card in the module? I dont know anything about it SORRY

1 minute ago, RedShank said:

Will there be any slot left for WIFI Module?

And a silly question, do we have to put the card in the module? I dont know anything about it SORRY

Most business-grade laptops have 2 slots.  One for WLAN, ie: WiFi cards, and a second one for WWAN like those 4G cards.  

So it depends upon the machine you're using.  Remember that a SIM card slot has to be available as well.

Just now, Mark77 said:

Most business-grade laptops have 2 slots.  One for WLAN, ie: WiFi cards, and a second one for WWAN like those 4G cards.  

So it depends upon the machine you're using.  Remember that a SIM card slot has to be available as well.

Machine is Clevo P775TM1