How to deactivate Windows key temporarily for gaming?

cesarbg

So, I've seen that there are some scripts, registry entries and other tweaks that may allows you to deactivate the Windows key on the keyboard.

Some, however, suggest that some of them may be problematic with software such as Battle Eye, that may consider such scripts as cheating.

I don't have the option on my KB to deactivate the key, nor do I have one of those AORUS software and such that is included with brand PCs.

How can I temporarily disable the Windows key, preferably, with a couple of clicks and not needing to restart every time I want to deactivate it? Have you had problems with scripts as such?

Any suggestions?

Pull the windows key out from your keyboard.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

37 minutes ago, cesarbg said:

How can I temporarily disable the Windows key, preferably, with a couple of clicks and not needing to restart every time I want to deactivate it? Have you had problems with scripts as such?

Autohotkey works great for this. Install Autohotkey, then feed it the following script:

;Disable Left Windows Key
LWin::Return

; Disable Right Windows Key
;RWin::Return

Or just use the executable I compiled for you, I'll attach it to this post. When you want to re-enable the Windows-keys, you'll find a green "H"-icon in the systray; just right-click it and select Exit.

winkey.exe

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Does your keyboard have a FN key or any key that isn't what you would normally see like one that has the manufacturers logo on it as if there is a windows key lock function included but not shown on the keyboard then pressing that key and the windows key together will activate the lock and pressing them again will deactivate the lock.

22 hours ago, WereCatf said:

Autohotkey works great for this. Install Autohotkey, then feed it the following script:

;Disable Left Windows Key
LWin::Return

; Disable Right Windows Key
;RWin::Return

Or just use the executable I compiled for you, I'll attach it to this post. When you want to re-enable the Windows-keys, you'll find a green "H"-icon in the systray; just right-click it and select Exit.

winkey.exe

Thanks. I will try today and let you know which solution worked.

20 hours ago, demonix00 said:

Does your keyboard have a FN key or any key that isn't what you would normally see like one that has the manufacturers logo on it as if there is a windows key lock function included but not shown on the keyboard then pressing that key and the windows key together will activate the lock and pressing them again will deactivate the lock.

It's a Logitech K375 like the one below. It has a huge FN key to the right side of the spacebar, and it has some funtions, but I haven't tried that. Will try and let you know.

k375s-multidevice-keyboard.png )