Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hackentosher

Can I wash my mouse pad?

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I got a corsair mouse pad several years ago, and it's great, but it's disgusting. Very dusty, thermal paste stains, you know the deal. Can I throw it in the wash, or in the sink or something? It really needs cleaning. 

ASU

As long it is a clothpad just throw it to your washing machine add enough detergent and wash that thing. I did that every 2 weeks cause i work in an open area where dust flying around like crazy

Behold the power of Chuck Norris the forbidden one.

I wash my cloth mouse pad on regular basis with shampoo. Usually do it before going to bed, leave it overnight to dry, and its like new when I wake up.

Main system: i7 8700k 5Ghz / Asus Prime Z370-A / Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 3000Mhz / Gigabyte RTX2080 Aorus Extreme / EVGA 750W GQ / Fractal Design Meshify C

5 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

So I got a corsair mouse pad several years ago, and it's great, but it's disgusting. Very dusty, thermal paste stains, you know the deal. Can I throw it in the wash, or in the sink or something? It really needs cleaning. 

do you have one with braided edges or naw? cuz if so then you can, but if it doesnt then they will split apart.

Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, overturnedv1 said:

do you have one with braided edges or naw? cuz if so then you can, but if it doesnt then they will split apart.

The edges aren't braided, and they're fraying a little bit.

ASU

16 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

The edges aren't braided, and they're fraying a little bit.

You should probably hand wash it then, otherwise the cloth will likely start to peel off.