Can I wash my mouse pad?

Hackentosher

So I got a corsair mouse pad several years ago, and it's great, but it's disgusting. Very dusty, thermal paste stains, you know the deal. Can I throw it in the wash, or in the sink or something? It really needs cleaning. 

ASU

If you dry it after, then I don't see why not. However, I don't think you want thermal paste in your washer, as it's hard to get off and can get on clothes or something.

Better wash it in the sink with a new brush.

As long it is a clothpad just throw it to your washing machine add enough detergent and wash that thing. I did that every 2 weeks cause i work in an open area where dust flying around like crazy

Behold the power of Chuck Norris the forbidden one.

I wash my cloth mouse pad on regular basis with shampoo. Usually do it before going to bed, leave it overnight to dry, and its like new when I wake up.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

So is it fine then, to put it in washer is it's the cloth + flexible plastic or whatever is that anti sliding layer?

5 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

So I got a corsair mouse pad several years ago, and it's great, but it's disgusting. Very dusty, thermal paste stains, you know the deal. Can I throw it in the wash, or in the sink or something? It really needs cleaning. 

do you have one with braided edges or naw? cuz if so then you can, but if it doesnt then they will split apart.

1 hour ago, overturnedv1 said:

do you have one with braided edges or naw? cuz if so then you can, but if it doesnt then they will split apart.

The edges aren't braided, and they're fraying a little bit.

ASU

16 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

The edges aren't braided, and they're fraying a little bit.

You should probably hand wash it then, otherwise the cloth will likely start to peel off.