Scrapyard Wars 7 FINALE - NO INTERNET

jakkuh_t

That Xeon 1620 v2 is unlocked and can be overclocked. The reason it can is most likely the chipset and Lenovo bios that's preventing from doing so.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

On 8/11/2018 at 3:01 PM, jakkuh_t said:

Thanks to dbrand for sponsoring this series of Scrapyard Wars!
Get their new Nintendo Switch skins at http://dbrand.com/SYW7

when playing Fortnite, you should aim your dive a little away from the destination, and then aim at your destination when switching to the glider

This season was flawed, how did they download Fortnite without the internet?!?

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

My entire life is references to TV shows and Memes.

Dell OptiPlex GX1, Intel Pentium 3 @ 450MHz, 128MB PC133 RAM, Windows 98 Second Edition, Office 97' Professional

Can anyone tell me which phone Luke is seen using in this episode?

Desktop:

CPU : i5 4440 | Motherboard : Gigabyte B85M-D3H | RAM : Kingstone HyperX blu 4GB x2 | GPU : Asus R9 280X DC II Top [RIP 2017] | PSU : Corsair VS 550W | Display(s) : Dell S2240L | Mouse : Logitech G400s | Operating System : Windows 7 64bit

Laptop:

Acer Predator Helios 300 (CPU: Intel Core i5 7300HQ | GPU: GTX 1050ti | RAM: 16GB RAM | Operating System: Windows 10 64bit)

On 12/08/2018 at 2:42 AM, NZLaurence said:

Guys,

That was a good season, however I would love to see a return to the modding seasons.

Can I suggest something like a performance per kilogram modding contest? (I suggested something like this in the past).

With rules such as:

• Everything must be affixed such that the computer can be picked up and rotated upside down without it falling apart.
  • Any adapters (not cables) required to connect, Power cable, Network Cable, Keyboard, Mouse and monitor counts towards the weight.
  • Score done as performance/kilograms.

If you allow some dedicated modding time you will end up some people removing 95% of the case (or building one?), maybe cutting that heatsink in half? Or an ITX board? Mobile cpu? Modding the PSU to remove the weight? Undervolting to drop the heatsink from the video card?

it would just end up with both of them with a Raspberry Pi (or equivalent).

Imagine if either one stumbled onto a free computer, one maybe being tossed out that had just enough cpu ram and you to run the benchmarks. They would win as any performance at the cost of nothing is would win the bang for the buck with an infinite score.

maybe Linus should have tried to sell the ram, but good luck without internet.

On 8/14/2018 at 10:05 AM, beingGamer said:

Can anyone tell me which phone Luke is seen using in this episode?

*Bump*

Desktop:

CPU : i5 4440 | Motherboard : Gigabyte B85M-D3H | RAM : Kingstone HyperX blu 4GB x2 | GPU : Asus R9 280X DC II Top [RIP 2017] | PSU : Corsair VS 550W | Display(s) : Dell S2240L | Mouse : Logitech G400s | Operating System : Windows 7 64bit

Laptop:

Acer Predator Helios 300 (CPU: Intel Core i5 7300HQ | GPU: GTX 1050ti | RAM: 16GB RAM | Operating System: Windows 10 64bit)

Scrapyard Wars Series 8 No Internet and No Phones

Or Only able to source things in a 5 mile radius (around 8km)

Season 8 Idea:

The next level, use of for parts or not working hardware (Scrapyard Wars Season 8, For parts or not working; testing your repair skills)

• Allow 3 weeks to build best bang for buck system
    • Allows for shipping time for ebay/amazon/newegg/memory express purchases; yes local in person sales are valid
    • Buying parts on forums is also allowed
    • 3 weeks makes economy shipping from china unreliable within the deadline
    • You can sell/buy parts from your opponent
      • May reveal what you are going for or trolling your opponent
    • You may sell anything you buy anywhere you want
      • Sales must be completed within 1 week of the builds completion
      • This means you can sell fixed parts for profit, so it is in theory possible to build your system and have more money than when you started
        • Any end game profit exceeding the allotted funds are awarded to the winner of season 8 as prize money (in form of hardware and/or cash)
          • For example if allotted 2k and end up with a completed PC and have 2.1K remaining, $100 and the build go to the winner of season 8
            • This makes Linus's spreadsheet work more complicated
          • Profit going to the winner prevents just using the allotted funds to make profit (screw the game I want profit)
  • Must use at least one part sold as not working, for example:
    • Bent pin repair needing
    • Untested
    • GPU with a no video out problem
  • Bonus points are awarded at 60 FPS, 75 FPS, 120 FPS, and 144 FPS
    • Prevents winning with unplayable hardware and rewards a better user experience
    • Award points do not scale in such a way to allow a 144 FPS to beat a 60 FPS in spite of a significant price difference
  • You may use company hardware to test components