Scrapyard Wars 7 FINALE - NO INTERNET

jakkuh_t

First for APU masterrace

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

GG Linus, get owned. You never stood a chance B|

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

personally i wouldn't want a system that has such low cpu performance. 

i'd much rather have the Xeon system Linus had. 

She/Her

8 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

GG Linus, get owned. You never stood a chance B|

Hardly. Winning by a percentage point is something that could have come down to run-to-run variation in the benchmarks and, honestly, I think they should have called this one a tie.

The Potato Box:

AMD 5950X

EVGA K|NGP|N 3090

128GB 3600 CL16 RAM

The Scrapyard Warrior:

AMD 3950x

EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

64GB 3200 CL16 RAM

2 minutes ago, Amaranth said:

Hardly. Winning by a percentage point is something that could have come down to run-to-run variation in the benchmarks and, honestly, I think they should have called this one a tie.

I completely agree. 39 vs 39.1? That's 0.2% difference, basically a tie. Also, taking into consideration the fact that the GTX1070 would be much more futureproof, I think Linus deserved to get AT LEAST a tie. Also, as Linus said, FORTNITE IS FOR LOSERS! #TeamLinus

6 minutes ago, Amaranth said:

Win by an inch, or win by a mile, its still a win! 

#TeamLuke

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

6 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Win by an inch, or win by a mile, its still a win! 

#TeamLuke

Yeh that's just how it works. Like formula one, you could win a race by 0.01 seconds, you still win regardless of whether you had some factor marginally in your favour.

Anyway we can see the spreadsheet use for tallying the end results? I'm doing a similar challenge with my work buddies and we wanted to do the percent based scoring as well.

Plus, I think I can get that conditional formatting to work :)

1 minute ago, MattMatt said:

Yeh that's just how it works. Like formula one, you could win a race by 0.01 seconds, you still win regardless of whether you had some factor marginally in your favour.

Unless the clock measures hours, not cents of a second. Fortnite isn't precise, they should have done BO3 results.

1 minute ago, ReHWolution said:

Unless the clock measures hours, not cents of a second. Fortnite isn't precise, they should have done BO3 results.

The real world isn't precise. In qualifying one person could have favourable wind conditions and the other gets shafted by strong headwinds or rain just minutes later. It is how it is.

I agree with Fortnite being a crap benchmark, but I very much agree with the price per performance metric.

Really if one of them could've found a sweet spot right in the middle with ~$500 dollar system they would've won handily.

48 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

personally i wouldn't want a system that has such low cpu performance. 

i'd much rather have the Xeon system Linus had. 

Not the point. The point is what system is better for the price. Lukes was in the case. 

3 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Not the point. The point is what system is better for the price. Lukes was in the case. 

It's actually a point though. When you shop for something that has a nice bang for the buck, you also want mid to long terms performance. Let's be honest: the APU probably sucks in most of the games. Yes, it scored 0.1 more in the price/perf datasheet they had, but in the rest of the games (idk, maybe PUBG?) the system would have smashed Luke's one.

25 minutes ago, ReHWolution said:

Let's be honest:

Yes, lets be honest. The point of this season was to build the best bang for the buck. Not the best performing, not the most "future proof," and not the one you would rather have. 

Luke won. 

27 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

18 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Yes, lets be honest. The point of this season was to build the best bang for the buck. Not the best performing, not the most "future proof," and not the one you would rather have. 

Luke won, that's all there is too it. 

i'm not saying luke didn't deserve the win. i'm just saying i would rather have Linus's system.... no need to be so aggressive about it...

She/Her

"The annals of war in the scrapyard present no more intense, heart-shaking shock than this battle, in which the qualities of Luke and Linus and the PC master race shone forth in splendour. The bravery and self-devotion of the Luke and the nerve and skill of his leadership was the foundation of all."  -Winston Churchill

Great ending this time. The benchmarks, showing each other the systems and not knowing who was going to win until the last moment made it feel so much more like SYW than previous series. I was annoyed at first by 'Dbrand Girl' (my problem is that some of the shots were obviously framed differently to normal because of it, not that she was there, I get that), but I'm happy I continued watching.

Maybe you could travel to other countries for future series? Maybe the UK? You seem to know nothing about us so it'll be a fun watch.

Spoiler

Also, Linus' system was still the best.

3 minutes ago, sr0n said:

Great ending this time. The benchmarks, showing each other the systems and not knowing who was going to win until the last moment made it feel so much more like SYW than previous series. I was annoyed at first by 'Dbrand Girl' (my problem is that some of the shots were obviously framed differently to normal because of it, not that she was there, I get that), but I'm happy I continued watching.

Maybe you could travel to other countries for future series? Maybe the UK? You seem to know nothing about us so it'll be a fun watch.

Reveal hidden contents

Also, Linus' system was still the best.

Yeah, or a country where English isn't such a popular language, like Germany, Netherlands, France or something.

If only that 1620 v2 was an ES. That would let you push the multiplier. But you couldn't have known that without the internet of course.

Even so, throw 110MHz BCLK on it and that would have been nice.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Am I the only one that wanted to see how would be the scores for Luke if he used the APU and saved the money for the 950ti?

I miss switch girl :'(

Great ending. I liked that a lot. Thanks for bringing the "look at my system. Oh and what do you have. No way" back Etzel :)

1 hour ago, timl132 said:

Yeah, or a country where English isn't such a popular language, like Germany, Netherlands, France or something.

Yep. With no translation allowed.