Car hideaway subwoofer recommendation

Hi, 

Please recommend me the best sounding subwoofer options available for under the seat subwoofers for Honda CRV 2018. Appreciate your help! 

BUDGET: $300

Number of subs preferred: 1 

Size preferred (if configuration allows): hideaway/ underseat

Power to be used (which amp(s): preloaded/ built in 

Goals: adding bass to stock speakers. 

Listening habits: Rock, jazz, hip-hop, Pop, alternate rock, mix of generes. 

Preferred brands/subs/whatever: Rockford fosgate, Alpine, JBL & whatever is best. 

Kicker is widely available and reviews but not sure if it's good, I see a lot of units dead after few months of usage. I am more inclined to Rockford Fosgate and Alpine. But really don't know how they sound and reliability. I wish they had demo in Bestbuy or somewhere but they don't. 

The irony is, I had a 10" enclosed subwoofer in a hatchback and now owing a SUV but looking for a hideaway subwoofer to save space. ?

Bestbuy will be my installer to have my warranty covered. 

On 8/11/2018 at 11:03 AM, Chennaiyen said:

Hi, 

Please recommend me the best sounding subwoofer options available for under the seat subwoofers for Honda CRV 2018. Appreciate your help! 

BUDGET: $300

Number of subs preferred: 1 

Size preferred (if configuration allows): hideaway/ underseat

Power to be used (which amp(s): preloaded/ built in 

Goals: adding bass to stock speakers. 

Listening habits: Rock, jazz, hip-hop, Pop, alternate rock, mix of generes. 

Preferred brands/subs/whatever: Rockford fosgate, Alpine, JBL & whatever is best. 

Kicker is widely available and reviews but not sure if it's good, I see a lot of units dead after few months of usage. I am more inclined to Rockford Fosgate and Alpine. But really don't know how they sound and reliability. I wish they had demo in Bestbuy or somewhere but they don't. 

The irony is, I had a 10" enclosed subwoofer in a hatchback and now owing a SUV but looking for a hideaway subwoofer to save space. ?

Bestbuy will be my installer to have my warranty covered. 

RF, Alpine, and JL are pretty safe buys generally.  I've had very good success with JL, but I'm not personally familiar with any of the shallow cabinet products from any manufacturer.  I know there are a lot of products out there now. 

I've used seat shakers in a previous car, one under each seat, all driven by a single 200watt amp to surprising effect, but it's not the same as a sub.

You should also ask at a dedicated car audio forum; the people here are knowledgeable, but the Home Theater sub-forum doesn't get a lot of traffic.

@Blasteque Thank you! Tried a ICE forum and no response yet. I would consider the brands you mentioned. In fact I am more towards RF since the specs is equal to Alpine and cots less.