Discord Not Detecting Headset Mic, But PS4 Does

Go to solution Solved by Tabs,
9 minutes ago, seoz said:

It says not plugged in. :( 

It's a long shot since 1803 has been out for almost 6 months now, but have you had a chance to look in settings > privacy > microphone to see if microphone access is enabled for your system?

1803mic.png

Hi once again, I'm having an issue where my headset isn't detecting mic input from any source. The headset I have is a Turtle Beach EarForce P12 which I've used since the day I got my PS4, so August 2015.

I wanted to go talk to my friends so I plugged in my headset and as per usual, set the microphone in Discord appropriately, and then I found out my mic wasn't being picked up. The output works flawlessly, though.

So, I did the following:
1) Reset voice settings
2) Set Push to Talk

3) Tried in CSGO - no voice

4) Tried in Rocket league - no voice

5) Tried in Overwatch - no voice

6) Used a different USB port

7) Hooked up to PS4 - mic worked immediately

The headset had been working fine up until now, so I don't know if the mic just died on me or I've changed something unintentionally. :( Any help is appreciated!

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

Did you set the USB mic as the default recording device in the windows sound menu (right click on the speaker volume icon in the taskbar and select recording devices) 

5 minutes ago, r4tch3t said:

Did you set the USB mic as the default recording device in the windows sound menu (right click on the speaker volume icon in the taskbar and select recording devices) 

Capture.PNG.24bf97d21115f174f533a006314d538a.PNG

9 minutes ago, seoz said:

It's a long shot since 1803 has been out for almost 6 months now, but have you had a chance to look in settings > privacy > microphone to see if microphone access is enabled for your system?

1803mic.png

4 minutes ago, Tabs said:

Well I'll be damned, that was the solution all along. It turns out I did turn off microphone access... Probably out of my paranoia of Microsoft collecting voice data. Thank you so much! :D