Pixel 3 XL finally leaked in a video!

Go to solution Solved by Darkseth,
2 minutes ago, kabamman said:

I have a pixel 2 it is waterproof and has no notch. Plus headphone jacks are 120 years old and Bluetooth headphones are great. As a runner my headphone jacks always failed after 2 years 

And after 120 years they are still the best connector, that are used in every studio and hifi setup. Think, there might be a reason to it? Probably.. because analog Headphone jack > Bluetooth? Ding ding, 100 points.

Bluetooth headphones are heavier (battery), they always need a seperate charge, and can die while listening to music if you don't keep them full always.

The battery can get old, and either you're able to replace it, or your entire headphone is trash.

I have 4+ years now UE 900 inears (349-399€ back then, got them on saleout for 199).

There are no bluetooth headphones / inears at all (no matter what price), that have a compareable soundquality.

And this comes to.. Soundquality. Bluetooth headphones aren't "good". there are a FEW good ones among all the Crap out there. Your choice, if you really want a higher end quality, are very limited. And you will have to be happy with either the Comfort, or the Sounding they provide. Either you like them, or jokes on you.

With cable headphones / inears, you ha ve MUCH more choice, and it's more likely to find something that fits your taste perfectly.

We're not even at the Argument, that the Audio quality is limited to the often bad Soundchip (DAC/Amp) that is built into the bluetooth headphones, there is no way around it.

But you know what's the most crazy thing? If they keep the headphone jack, everyone can be happy ;-) YOU with your bluetooth headphones (Bluetooth can still work when the phone has a headphone jack), and the people who already have good headphones, they don't want to throw into the Trashcan to buy something inferior.

TL;DR: headphone Jack headphones are superior to Bluetooth headphones. They offer a much better soundquality and build quality than similar priced Bluetooth ones. In fact, often you pay 50-100% more just for the Bluetooth connection itself. They sound better, they last longer, they are far more versitile. You can use them on anything. Computers, your stereo setup in your living room (any AV-Receiver), any smartphones, tablets, any mobile device that can playback music.

Bluetooth headphones only on devices where bluetooth is enabled.

How old something is has nothing to do with how good it works, or disadvantages or advantages.

The best wiskys are also much older than the few year cheap-stuff from walmart. There is a reason it's used for so many decades. Because it works well, versitile, and robust.

2 minutes ago, D33P said:

Why is samsung the only good smartphone manufacturer left?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

What do you mean, I like the pixel line?

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

2 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

No notches, has headphone jack

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

5 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

I generally liked the pixel 1 but now there are too many sacrifices for a nicer camera. 

No microSD 

Not waterproof

No headphone jack

Notch

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

So from the leaks the Pixel 3 has no notch and the Pixel 3 XL has one, so that covers one issue. But I do agree the no headphone jack trend is stupid.

But the software experience on a Pixel is one of the best. IMO

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Damn, as someone that really liked the Essential phone and didnt mind any other notches up till now, that notch really bothers me. It's WAAAAY too thick.

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

When Google became a Chinese knock-off of Apple.

38 minutes ago, bobhays said:

I generally liked the pixel 1 but now there are too many sacrifices for a nicer camera. 

No microSD 

Not waterproof

No headphone jack

Notch

Im currently using a Pixel XL. Fell in love with it thinking "great, THIS is what ive been waiting for, an Android phone with bloatfree (almost) OS and 1st day updates on latest Android build... just gotta wait for version 2 or 3 for the waterproofing/wireless charging/bigger screen ratio etc and its a winner"

what do they do? Gigantically fuck it up. Now looking towards the s10+ and heres hoping it's a BIG leap from the s9 with all the "new tech" rumors floating about.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Better have really good front facing speakers to make up for that dreadful notch.

2 hours ago, suits said:

This isn't in the news format.

like he needs to say more. it's just perfect straight to the point.  i agree with the format for a lot of other stuffs i've seen here, but this is quick simple & informative.

Details separate people.

20 minutes ago, Sampsy said:

So they saw how most people wanted to keep the headphone jack.... and then removed it.

Now they have seen how most people don't like notches... so they have implemented the biggest notch yet.

What are they going to do next year? Remove the ability to make phone calls? Seriously how is google - one of the most successful companies in the world - making products so consistently bad? 

Because at the end of the day, most people don't care about having a headphone jack nor do they care about having a notch.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

3 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Because no one can call them Samesung if they're the only one not following idiotic trends.

Also, Samsung recognizes that there is no good reason to remove 3.5mm TRRS, and they've still got one of the "best" screen to body ratios on their flagships without needing to resort to heathenism.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

10 hours ago, Noctus said:

Im currently using a Pixel XL. Fell in love with it thinking "great, THIS is what ive been waiting for, an Android phone with bloatfree (almost) OS and 1st day updates on latest Android build... just gotta wait for version 2 or 3 for the waterproofing/wireless charging/bigger screen ratio etc and its a winner"

what do they do? Gigantically fuck it up. Now looking towards the s10+ and heres hoping it's a BIG leap from the s9 with all the "new tech" rumors floating about.

I'm basically in the same situation. I tried to avoid Samsung as long as I could to avoid their software, but now it seems like either the S9 or OnePlus 6 is going to be my next phone.

11 hours ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

like he needs to say more. it's just perfect straight to the point.  i agree with the format for a lot of other stuffs i've seen here, but this is quick simple & informative.

Tysm... really appreciated !

10 hours ago, Fooshi said:

That notch is the biggest malignant form of cancer I have ever seen. Let's hope it's just a really early prototype.

No, it's supposedly a working model.

7 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Does not comply with Tech News guideline. Moved out.

Tell me wtf is this! 

First, I post something in Tech News section and then it gets automatically transferred to Phones and Tablets section. What's my fault in this?

I don't even know if this post is still active. I request the mods to pls keep it alive.

1 hour ago, Sampsy said:

at the very best you don't care about it being gone and most people do care. 

The market seems to disagree with you.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

3 hours ago, D33P said:

Tell me wtf is this! 

First, I post something in Tech News section and then it gets automatically transferred to Phones and Tablets section. What's my fault in this?

technically you have to make it "tech news format" you know, like add a few sprinkles of your opinion &  some site add as source ,  otherwise it'll be put on the appropriate section , which is phones & tab sub forum section.

Details separate people.

3 hours ago, D33P said:

Tell me wtf is this! 

My reply that I did is already more effort than what you are putting in your post entry.

When I see near 0 effort, I don't bother.  I mean at that point I am going to re-type everything of a pinned thread in the Tech News section, that says:

1. "READ BEFORE POSTING"
  2. And contains what is required in order to have an entry be accepted in the Tech News section

The Tech News Guidelines where put in place at the request of this forum community to ensure great content, great, fun, and may times interesting conversations. It is followed, and it works.

Yours:

1. Has little to no actual constructive replies by people because you are not doing a conversation
  2. No one cares about having YouTube on this forum. It is a place of discussion and helping people, not a site that contains videos, that I am sure many people see's on their YouTube home page in any case, if it was of any relevance to what they care.
  3. The video is of such poor quality which no one cares about. No one cares about a vertical blurry mess that supposed to show something, beside: "Oh wow, Google Pixel 3, runs...Google's Android's... wow... who would have known?" [sarcasm to the nth degree]
  4. Unknown YouTuber, with little to views and subscribers, with lots of downvotes for the little amount of views, makes me question if it isn't your own video, desperate to get known. If that is the case, make good quality video with EFFORT, then you'll get people attention without having to post it on forums. I see a match in quality between that video and your post here, hence the link I am doing that I am assuming it is your video.
  5. And, finally, your does not comply to the posting guidelines.
  6. And to me, your post is an insult to this community, especially, as mentioned, these guidelines were asked by the community, and your refusal to even read what was posed, and make a scene, is even worse.

Oh, and if you would read the Guidelines before posting, let alone read the link I posted, you would have known that thread that don't comply to the Tech News section is supposed to be locked or even removed.

If you want to continue this conversation, you can PM me.

I think i could live without a headphone jack, but instead the USB-C DAC dongle, despite having quite high quality UE900 inears. But i don't use it too much lately, since i have a car.

i could live with the most ugly notch, Humankind has ever created... Why can't it be as sleek as Huawei or Oneplue 6? Looks so thousand times better.

I could even live with way too big bezels for having a "notch".

And i could even live with the most ugly Smartphone that exists, aside from the entire iPhone lineup with their 4 inch thick bezels for 10 years

But having to spend extra Money for the bigger XL instead the normal 3 just to still stick with mere 4gb Ram? Ugh. Garbage. I wanted to buy 128gb+ anyway, since 64gb without sd could turn out not enough for 3 - 3,5 years (my planned usage time. Using my S7 Edge for 2,5 years, and it still works very good), so all my hopes lie, that the 128gb Model comes with at least 6gb Ram... Doesn't have to be 8, but it HAS to be 6. For nearly 2019, and for that price Google wants, 4gb Ram is a Joke, and an Insult for every Poweruser. When i buy a Pixel with stock android, i expect the best performance out of every single (android)smartphone. And it won't have that with just 4gb Ram, when i watch Apps reloading all the time :/

I could fill up 4gb Ram 2 years ago, this is simply not enough. If it sticks with 4gb Ram, i will hope for the Oneplus 6t.

The probably even above Pixel 2 Camera won't change a thing for me there.

17 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

My reply that I did is already more effort than what you are putting in your post entry.

When I see near 0 effort, I don't bother.  I mean at that point I am going to re-type everything of a pinned thread in the Tech News section, that says:

1. "READ BEFORE POSTING"
  2. And contains what is required in order to have an entry be accepted in the Tech News section

The Tech News Guidelines where put in place at the request of this forum community to ensure great content, great, fun, and may times interesting conversations. It is followed, and it works.

Yours:

1. Has little to no actual constructive replies by people because you are not doing a conversation
  2. No one cares about having YouTube on this forum. It is a place of discussion and helping people, not a site that contains videos, that I am sure many people see's on their YouTube home page in any case, if it was of any relevance to what they care.
  3. The video is of such poor quality which no one cares about. No one cares about a vertical blurry mess that supposed to show something, beside: "Oh wow, Google Pixel 3, runs...Google's Android's... wow... who would have known?" [sarcasm to the nth degree]
  4. Unknown YouTuber, with little to views and subscribers, with lots of downvotes for the little amount of views, makes me question if it isn't your own video, desperate to get known. If that is the case, make good quality video with EFFORT, then you'll get people attention without having to post it on forums. I see a match in quality between that video and your post here, hence the link I am doing that I am assuming it is your video.
  5. And, finally, your does not comply to the posting guidelines.
  6. And to me, your post is an insult to this community, especially, as mentioned, these guidelines were asked by the community, and your refusal to even read what was posed, and make a scene, is even worse.

Oh, and if you would read the Guidelines before posting, let alone read the link I posted, you would have known that thread that don't comply to the Tech News section is supposed to be locked or even removed.

If you want to continue this conversation, you can PM me.

I have no problems being it in phones and tablets section. People should at least know about leaks of such hyped smartphones and that's what matters in reality. Abiding by community guidelines is one thing and being a first poster another so idc if it is movef to another section. 

Coming to the video quality part. Leaks are never supposed to be in 4k HDR and what on Earth are you even thinking about it's quality not being perfect. This is undoubtedly the dumbest thing I've ever heard from someone in a while.  A leak should get the job done and when someone purposefully posts something like that on a forum it is not mandatory to actually take part in the conversation. Posts are for people and they can discuss as much as they want. Wherever my attention was needed I actively quoted and replied to that particular person and you still complaining of me not having a convo, that's absurd. Finally, your complaints are mostly irrelevant and unnecessarily revoking other members to share their views regarding this major and exclusive leak (this video is by far the only one on YT showing pixel 3xl in it's final form). 

It's such a shame to the overall community that moderators are unstandardizing posts in whatever way they like. As far as my post is concerned, I agree to you on at most one of your complaints that says "No mention of any link to a particular website or no personal views in form of text included." I shoulda abode by that part but but but as I've already said that and you can check for yourself too, that at the time I posted this, there was only this video going viral everywhere.