How do Services that offer free trial deal with virtual Credit/Debit cards?

So, I was wondering how do subscription services like Netflix, Google play music, Apple music, Spotify etc who offer a free trial for a said period deal with virtual Credit/Debit cards.

Make a free account, Signup for a service using a virtual Card, Use the service without getting charged. When the trial ends repeat the process.

Doing this will result in a loss since the customer isn't paying and potentially hurting the creators of the respective platform. Even if they track the IP address users can get away using a VPN.

So is there a solution in place to tackle this issue?

10 minutes ago, NEO_STARK said:

is there a solution in place to tackle this issue?

yeah , the millions of users who overpay for the service monthly. you think they care about a few free movies to broke losers?

14 minutes ago, NEO_STARK said:

So is there a solution in place to tackle this issue?

Some services place a small charge on the card, like, say, $0.10 -- the charge won't go through on fake cards, so they're denied service. If the charge does go through, they'll refund it immediately.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, emosun said:

yeah , the millions of users who overpay for the service monthly. you think they care about a few free movies to broke losers?

Yeah, but there might be millions of users who might be getting away without paying, Services like Netflix offer full one month of trial in many countries so we are talking about thousands of movies watched without paying.

2 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Some services place a small charge on the card, like, say, $0.10 -- the charge won't go through on fake cards, so they're denied service. If the charge does go through, they'll refund it immediately.

Well, making virtual cards is not illegal. VISA, MasterCard offer the service to every customer and you are allowed to put any sum of the desired amount required in that virtual/ temporary card. The transaction will definitely go through.

2 minutes ago, NEO_STARK said:

Well, making virtual cards is not illegal. VISA, MasterCard offer the service to every customer and you are allowed to put any sum of the desired amount required in that virtual/ temporary card. The transaction will definitely go through.

I never said anything about it being illegal.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, NEO_STARK said:

thousands of movies watched without paying.

and millions of users paying 10$ a month vs thousands of 2 cent free movie viewings by losers.

the money comes from the regular users paying monthly , entering their cards and letting the service just sit on their card forever. 

if you learn anything from the anti piracy world of videogame companies , it's that the amount of people that pirate / steal / freeload off a system is so tiny and so small it has almost zero effect to the company. Because almost ZERO people are willing to put up with the hassle of having to make new fake cards and new accounts every month.

nobody who makes a living wage would put up with that becuase they don't have to , they can afford to pay for services. 

there's always a way to get tons of free samples for people who don't have their act together , but that has zero effect on people and companies that do , simple as that

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

I never said anything about it being illegal.

Let me rephrase "Virtual cards aren't fake" xD

13 minutes ago, emosun said:

it has almost zero effect to the company.

Well, Almost every AAA game publisher these days uses DENUVO Anti-Tamper. But, I do agree that the effect of piracy is little but that doesn't answer my question... I was wondering if they have something to deal with this.

3 minutes ago, NEO_STARK said:

I was wondering if they have something to deal with this.

yeah they have money , would you care about people picking food scraps out of your trash? becuase if you're running off of month long accounts and bum cards then thats basically how they see you so they dont care.

20 minutes ago, NEO_STARK said:

uses DENUVO Anti-Tamper

Just to make it a tad bit harder 

Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U *insert firetruck picture* :) 

15 hours ago, NEO_STARK said:

That isn't same thing. At that point its just to keep your actual card safe from fraud. But you are still using your own name and other details you've supplied to CC company. So if you would keep doing that, you would get main card blacklisted from these services.

The "fake" virtual cards would not leave such trace. Imo they are willing to let it slide as its still more haslle to go through. To create another account with another CC info. It would be easier to go full illegal route at that point rather than misuse feature.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv