Hard Drive Issue

hello there !

since two days one of the partition in my drive is running very slow. I have a 1TB hdd on my laptop. There are two partitions. One of the partition is running as usual and another is very slow. The speed is about 300 kbps on the other drive. Whats wrong in here can any one suggest me ?

Well the hdd isn't helping you here, a ssd would be a big improvement.

What hdd do you have? Is the health good?

What are these partitions? 

300kbs can be normal on a hdd depending on the workload.

Hello Sambhav,

Do you have an operating system installed on each one of those partitions, meaning that your computer is dual-boot? 

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

@Electronics Wizardy i have another m.2 ssd for operating system. Both the partitions are for data storage. i cannot properly write to one of the partitions

19 minutes ago, Sambhav said:

@Electronics Wizardy i have another m.2 ssd for operating system. Both the partitions are for data storage. i cannot properly write to one of the partitions

What drive?

Is the health good?

Why do you have multiple partitions? Use folders.

There was a problem in intel virtualization so, i did clean install of the operating system. Which wiped all of the raid drivers. After that i reinstalled the driver. Is this related with the issue ? Yes health is good

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:14 PM, Sambhav said:

@seagate_surfer No , my laptop is not on dual-boot. I have another drive for operating system.

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:05 PM, Sambhav said:

There was a problem in intel virtualization so, i did clean install of the operating system. Which wiped all of the raid drivers. After that i reinstalled the driver. Is this related with the issue ? Yes health is good

There is not a problem with reinstalling the RAID drivers. So, you are saying that you have two drives, one for storage and another with two partitions, right? The one with the two partitions is the one that has the operating system, right? And what is the second partition used for?

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

On 8/14/2018 at 1:14 AM, seagate_surfer said:

There is not a problem with reinstalling the RAID drivers. So, you are saying that you have two drives, one for storage and another with two partitions, right? The one with the two partitions is the one that has the operating system, right? And what is the second partition used for?

one of the drives is 128 gb m.2 drive which is used as the system drive. and the other is 1TB hdd which is used for the storage and has two partitions.

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 1:47 AM, Sambhav said:

one of the drives is 128 gb m.2 drive which is used as the system drive. and the other is 1TB hdd which is used for the storage and has two partitions.

What is the make and model of those drives?