What is the most value EK copper kit for my system?

7 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

Oh dear. Yes, the Fluid Gaming kit, because it's aluminium, requires the EK fluid it comes with to stop corrosion. It also all uses the same Aluminium alloy to try to prevent corrosion. If something that's not meant to be used in it is used, it can lead to a very bad day. You could probably clean it all and get new fluid gaming coolant, but idk what kind of condition the parts would be in. 

I requested a refund from Newegg but I am not sure they will accept it since it has been a few months since I bought it but If they do. 1. I will never use a liquid that isn't EKs. and 2. I would probably buy the extreme kit instead of another A240G. Also, the tubes on that kit were SUPER cheap.

Why have you created a new thread for basically the same topic? 10 hours before you opened this thread you've created this one: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/958419-what-is-the-cheapestmost-value-ek-copper-kit-for-my-system/

26 minutes ago, Razorlob said:

I will never use a liquid that isn't EKs

No need for that. There are other good coolants out there and basically even distilled water does the job. The point is:  the fluid that's made for more common copper based kits might just react with Aluminium and degrade. That's probably what has happened to your loop. I don't think the metal is actually damaged. You should tear it apart and clean in it thoroughly.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

1 hour ago, Razorlob said:

-

Given that your S340 has limited radiator mounting options, I think going for the XE radiators is indeed not a bad idea. However I just carted out some parts and realized that you can don't really save by getting the X240 kit. By carting out the individual components you come in pretty close to the kit but have a greater choice of looks (and rgb,if  thats your thing) and also fluid color for example (which I forgot to add to the cart).

I personally prefer the D5 over the DDC, and also think a drainage system is somewhat of a must, so these have  been carted as well.

aa.thumb.png.6d727ebbe240a53571091fe28ccd1f28.pngbb.thumb.png.368b97d162779459d98636282e283710.png

4 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Given that your S340 has limited radiator mounting options, I think going for the XE radiators is indeed not a bad idea. However I just carted out some parts and realized that you can don't really save by getting the X240 kit. By carting out the individual components you come in pretty close to the kit but have a greater choice of looks (and rgb,if  thats your thing) and also fluid color for example (which I forgot to add to the cart).

I personally prefer the D5 over the DDC, and also think a drainage system is somewhat of a must, so these have  been carted as well.

aa.thumb.png.6d727ebbe240a53571091fe28ccd1f28.pngbb.thumb.png.368b97d162779459d98636282e283710.png

You can tell RGB is my thing by my current computer. Also, the kit comes pump and res separately and the one you built is a combo. And I would rather just buy a kit with instructions and stuff than just buy everything separately. Thanks though!

1 minute ago, Razorlob said:

-

Ultimately, it is up to you, but the pump and res being separate is a negative for me unless if I cannot physically fit a pump/res combo. If I were you, I'd put the pump & res under the graphics card for a much cleaner look.

Since you're adding a GPU to the "kit" you'll have to buy extra fittings as a bare minimum, so in my opinion you should just cart it out and check with us if everything is complete (hell, my cart on the left is pretty much all you need except for the fluid). 

1 minute ago, For Science! said:

Ultimately, it is up to you, but the pump and res being separate is a negative for me unless if I cannot physically fit a pump/res combo. If I were you, I'd put the pump & res under the graphics card for a much cleaner look.

Since you're adding a GPU to the "kit" you'll have to buy extra fittings as a bare minimum, so in my opinion you should just cart it out and check with us if everything is complete (hell, my cart on the left is pretty much all you need except for the fluid). 

Pump can fit under the graphics card idk if the res can though.