Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KeyzHostHD

Motherboard

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

hey I am at my job know but I'm gonna put in 12tb x 3 in my build . can I post the motherboard here when I'm back from work and you guys can tell me how many sata ports there are

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, KeyzHostHD said:

hey I am at my job know but I'm gonna put in 12tb x 3 in my build . can I post the motherboard here when I'm back from work and you guys can tell me how many sata ports there are

 

you can also type in the model number in google and lookup the specs


Positive Mental Additude!

Also Finally my setup Ready

 

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Tablet:

I7 8550U ( OCed at 4,0Ghz constant all cores)

16GB Ram

256gb NVMe storage ( upgrading to 1 TB soon )

eGPU Nvidia GTX 1080

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 hours ago, FastRDust said:

you can also type in the model number in google and lookup the specs

  • 4 x SATA III, 2 x M.2 will it work ?
Link to post
Share on other sites

how many hard drives doe you have and which connecters are on them?


Positive Mental Additude!

Also Finally my setup Ready

 

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Tablet:

I7 8550U ( OCed at 4,0Ghz constant all cores)

16GB Ram

256gb NVMe storage ( upgrading to 1 TB soon )

eGPU Nvidia GTX 1080

Link to post
Share on other sites

ou can connect 4 sata3 hdd/ssd and 2 m.2 hard drives, however, if you need more slots and have available pcie x16 you can add a sata controller in there for additional sata slots.

 

Also you should look into your case if you have enough power connectors an places to mount the hdd/ssd.

 

m.2 does not need additional power connectors


Positive Mental Additude!

Also Finally my setup Ready

 

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Tablet:

I7 8550U ( OCed at 4,0Ghz constant all cores)

16GB Ram

256gb NVMe storage ( upgrading to 1 TB soon )

eGPU Nvidia GTX 1080

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 hours ago, FastRDust said:

ou can connect 4 sata3 hdd/ssd and 2 m.2 hard drives, however, if you need more slots and have available pcie x16 you can add a sata controller in there for additional sata slots.

 

Also you should look into your case if you have enough power connectors an places to mount the hdd/ssd.

 

m.2 does not need additional power connectors

those are my parts 

MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11G

Fractal Design Define R6

Intel Core i7-8086K Limited Edition processor

be quiet! Dark Rock 3 coller

Asus Prime Z370-P

EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32 GB

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope you can open your computer to if you have space... we can't do everything for you here


Positive Mental Additude!

Also Finally my setup Ready

 

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Tablet:

I7 8550U ( OCed at 4,0Ghz constant all cores)

16GB Ram

256gb NVMe storage ( upgrading to 1 TB soon )

eGPU Nvidia GTX 1080

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, FastRDust said:

I hope you can open your computer to if you have space... we can't do everything for you here

i havnt built it jet i am just asking 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×