First time liquid cooling help.

Hey!

I've been looking to upgrade to watercooling for a while now but I have never known where to start. I did look on the EK website at their customizer and it came out as 626.19 € which is a bit exessive I felt. I know there must be other water cooling venders out there but I don't know which ones are good and which ones are trash.

Ideally I would like to water cool my GPU and CPU (specs in my signiture).

My case is the NZXT S340 Elite and has nowhere dedicated for a resiviour and pump, but I have seen people use brackets to mount them to the raditator. Is this a viable solution? Or if I really want to water cool should I look at getting a different case with support built in?

I also noticed that whilst using the EKWB cunfigurator that it ask be me for the diameter of the tubing, does this make a different at all or is it more for aesthetic?

As this is my first time, I also thought that it would be better to use soft tubing rather than hardline, as it is easier? Or is that not the case? I would prefer to have hardline, but I would prefer more if my computer wasn't broken!

So yeah that's most of my questions and would be super grateful for any of your feedback! Again, my specs are in my signiture underneath this post if you press show more. I would be looking to spend £400 max on the whole thing.

important figure in mensa

If you just want the easiest thing just get a high quality AIO and be done with it. I dont ever recommend custom Liquid cooling due to the fact that you have to do maintenance every 6 months for optimal performance. 

Soft tubing is MUCH easier to work worth then hardline. Hardline is going to take TONS of practice just to get it to look the way you want it too. Otherwise i prefer soft tubing because its easier to work with and clean

Diameter matters for fittings and such, not so much performance.

I really wouldnt recommend you do it with the hardware you have, its not really needed.