Master Disaster

Interesting new MITM attack demonstrated, your laptop can probably be hacked via its charger

Lets say it together聽

聽馃憦physical 馃憦access

Laptop:聽2016 13" nTB MacBook Pro聽Core i5聽|聽Phone:聽iPhone 6s Plus 64GB Wearables:聽Apple Watch Sport Series 2聽CPU:聽i5 4690k |聽Mobo: Gigabyte Z97-N WI-FI |聽RAM:聽8GB聽Ballistix Sport聽|聽GPU:聽Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580聽4GB |聽Case:聽Apple PowerMac G5 |聽OS:聽Win 10 |聽Storage:聽480GB PNY SSD & 2TB WD Green聽HDD |聽PSU:聽Corsair CX600M |聽Display:聽Dell UZ2215H 21.5"聽1080p, ViewSonic VX2450wm-LED 23.6" 1080p,聽Samsung SyncMaster 940BX 19" 1024p聽|聽Cooling:聽Corsair H55 AiO |聽Keyboard:聽G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown聽|聽Mouse:聽G303 | Audio:聽Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball

9 hours ago, Froody129 said:

He obviously doesn't want to be... Charged with anything聽

Charge attacks before

FragrantFaroffHoneybee-max-1mb.gif

Charge attacks now

USB-Type-C-Charging-Your-Device.jpg&f=1

Spoiler

Fractal Define R4, Fractal Silent Series R2 fan x3, BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 2,聽Super Flower Golden Green 550W Gold, Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H, Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9,聽Intel i7 4770k 4.6GHz OC, EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3 OC 2038MHz Core/12400MHz VRAM,聽Eizo Foris FS2333 60Hz 1080p, AOC AG271QG 165Hz+G-Sync 1440p,CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate, Logitech G502 Spectrum, Steam Controler, Sennheiser HD600, S.M.S.L M6 Mini DAC, Blue Yeti (black) microphone, Huawei Mate 8 phone.

remember when chargers could only send a straight current and did use the same ports as the one you use for data?

511TlPlLdQL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

i 'member.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4聽5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

This honestly doesn't seem like a huge issue.聽 Unless you are using random chargers you find laying around (which is super stupid and not something anyone should do), and you charge over usb c (just a little bit extra unlikeliness), there should be no problem.聽 If it was discovered that you could get an STD by using random condoms you picked up on the street, that wouldn't make the news because it's just common sense.聽 How is this different?

If it was discovered that you could get an STD by using random condoms you picked up on the street, that wouldn't make the news because it's just common sense.聽

Ummmmm.... Kinda

http://abc7.com/health/cdc-dont-wash-reuse-condoms/3866582/

PSU Tier List聽| CoC

Gaming Build聽| FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k聽||聽Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz聽|| 250GB 840 Evo聽|| 1TB WD聽Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10聽Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD)聽|| SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

11 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

most modern laptops now use the USB Port for charging as well as it's normal uses

oof that's pretty stupid if u ask me

Coffeemaker: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P 鈥 i5-8600k聽 鈥 Corsair H110i GT 鈥 Corsair 2933MHz 鈥 STRIX 470-08G 鈥 EVGA 750G2 - Corsair 730T

3rd world peasant

Spoiler

The Furnace: 990FXA GD-65 V2 + Thermalright HR-09U 2x40mm + TT Extreme Spirit II 鈾 AMD FX-8350 @4.845 GHz 255x19 鈾 Corsair H100i 鈾 G.skill TridentX 2133 @2379MHz 鈾 MSI R9 290x 8G 鈾 Corsair CX650 鈾 WD Black 1TB 鈾 Corsair C70 Army

> Charger looks different today

> Is that a Raspberry Pi stuck to the side?

> Plugs laptop in

> Where did this virus come from?

MacBook Pro Retina 15"聽2016 / i7 6700HQ / AMD 450 2GB / 16GB RAM / Touch茅 Bar / Mojave 10.14

iPhone 7 / 256GB / iOS 12

Apple Watch / WatchOS 4.3.1

Pioneer AVH-2150bt

Peugeot 407 2.0 HDI Coup茅

Denon PMA-250 / 100W Warfdale

SONY GTK-XB7

20 hours ago, schwellmo92 said:

This is just a standard USB attack except the delivery method is slightly smarter.. nothing new here.

You'd think they'd have figured out how to prevent automatic code execution from external drives at this point though... besides, I could be wrong but doesn't this still charge the device? The port's data transfer functionality should probably be disabled during charging...

<Make me a sandwich.> <No! Make it yourself!> <Sudo make me a sandwich.> <FINE.>What is scaling and how does it work?Asus PB287Q unboxing!Console alternatives :DCoCF.A.QBeginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

Perhaps disable data access to connected charging devices and have a prompt to allow trusted devices? Perhaps you could use signatures as well?

Not too hard to fix maybe.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON! 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽
Pascal laptops guide